Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8915F

rcooley25
Level 3

Here we go again. I can get the information on the tax return without using 8915F but is this permitted?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
18 Replies 18
dkh
Level 12

Isn't that taking a chance IRS will delay processing the return because the proper forms were not used.  Can't efile until January 24th anyhow  - maybe 8915F will be ready by then.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Still in draft at IRS, no way we'll have it by opening day.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Still in draft at IRS, no way we'll have it by opening day."

I'm thinking to make this a Reply Macro...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Here we go again"

Yep; this is the Fifth time you started a topic on this form. It sure would help the peers that volunteer to answer, and the other users that might have the same issue, if you kept it to One Topic and we could follow the development and the IRS release of the form, which will percolate down to Intuit updates.

It doesn't make sense to follow one issue across multiple topics when they are your questions, the same as the last time you asked about this form, which was Jan 12, and Jan 11 and... and the speculation is that the form might be ready mid-March, and you were party to those answers, too.

I am sure everyone joins in the frustration. No need to keep harping on the same issue as new topics.

rcooley25
Level 3

That is too dam bad.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 3

I will keep harping on this untill we get a solution. The sqeeky weal gets the oil. If you are offendwed by my constant questioning about this then maybe you should choose another line of work.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You realize were all just other users like yourself, right?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe you should try squeaking over at the IRS.  If the form is still in draft form there, there really isn't anything to be gained by complaining to Intuit --------- even if that is a favorite pastime for some of us.

Pot Stirrer Gold Medalist - Rio de Janeiro Games
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

there really isn't anything to be gained by complaining to Intuit

The draft form has been available for over 4 months, so if it is not included in ProSeries yet, there really is no reason why Intuit shouldn't have added the draft version to the software to make it semi-functional. 

But as you pointed out, Intuit can not do anything to make it file-able until the IRS finalizes it.

rcooley25
Level 3

I keep complaing about this situation because I hope that there is someone other than the ones thatr have replied to my post that might have an answer that I have not yet heard. If this bothers you too much simply do not reply to my post.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So you're hoping some stranger on the internet will tell you its ok to file without the 8915F becasue you "can get the information on the tax return without using" it?

IRonMaN
Level 15

But you aren't getting it.  **bleep** here doesn't do any good because only other users of Intuit products are seeing your posts.  You can complain all you want, it doesn't bother me, but it really doesn't do any good.  If you want Intuit to hear, then look up the e-mail addresses of the Intuit top brass and complain to them.

Pot Stirrer Gold Medalist - Rio de Janeiro Games
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I will keep harping on this untill we get a solution."

Every day? Because none of your Peers here can help the situation. We have no more control over the IRS than you have; you should call your Senators and Congressmen every day, then.

"I keep complaing about this situation because I hope that there is someone other than the ones thatr have replied to my post that might have an answer that I have not yet heard. If this bothers you too much simply do not reply to my post."

Perhaps we all should ask you, via this forum, every day, if there is any change yet to the status of that form.

This is a Peer User Community. This is sort of like co-workers, and you are being rude to those that have voluntarily helped already. If you sign up for IRS e-newsletters, you will get the notification directly as to what is going on and ready for the season. You could then share that info with the rest of us, including by participation on this forum.

You would be part of the solution, instead of part of the problem. Imagine that!

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@rcooley25 wrote:

that might have an answer that I have not yet heard.

It is REQUIRED to use form 8915-F.

ProSeries does not have it yet, even the draft version.  It would be great if they added that to the program so we can do the preliminary tax returns, but asking for it on this forum will have ZERO influence on anybody at Intuit speeding that up.

It will not be able to be e-filed until (1) the IRS finalized the form AND (2) ProSeries updates things to match that finalized form (which typically takes 2 or 3 weeks after the IRS finalizes it, but sometimes it is faster).

That is the only answer.  There is nothing else to do until those things happen. 

PATAX
Level 11

The people responding to you are volunteers and do not get paid for helping others. They have helped many other tax preparers on this forum. I checked your prior posts,  and I do not see you trying to help anyone else with their questions or posts.

Jamierac
Level 3

Form 8915F is needed for any 3 year spread from last years 2020 return  Its also needed if a taxpayer has made any paybacks vs what was taken last year.  

ProSeries needs to get this form into its system ASAP even if its in a draft form,  Their communication on these type issues is not good.  I do not even see a listing for form 8915F.  Hopefully someone from ProSeries can respond to this.  I have called support and even though you get nice people they cant even answer this.  There seems to be a disconnect between technical support and the programmers or the people who set the dates from the releasing of some of these forms.  

ljr
Level 5

Patience - and the irs hasn't even opened for tax season yet. Keep checking the form release dates - I would not send a return without the form - just tell your client you will notify them when the IRS finalizes the form and it is available for filing. Why is anyone in that much of a hurry to file that return? I think you will have more problems down the road with the client and the IRS if you send without the form.

Jamierac
Level 3

Patience is applicable when you know what a program is doing.  If you have read my posts you realize that my biggest critique with ProSeries is with their communication on issues such as these.  If they simply said we are aware of form 8915F and it will be in the program...... that would suffice. It is not even mentioned. 

Also:  Fully aware of when the IRS opens.  There are certain returns I start early due to circumstances that are appropriate to my practice and specific clients.  Maybe not yours.  So, the question arises that am I able to proform/transfer these returns that NEED the 8915F or not since if I start them and then have to re proform/transfer them the work will be needlessly duplicated.