ProSeries Data Conversion
We understand the importance of a smooth transition, starting with the hassle-free conversion of your existing client files into your new Intuit ProSeries tax software. The data conversion process will move selected items from your current tax software to ProSeries professional tax preparation software. It is not intended to convert all of your tax data, nor will it allow you to generate a tax return for the purposes of side-by-side comparison with last year's return.
- All personal information (taxpayer, spouse, dependents, etc.)
- Names for all interest, business, estates, partners, etc.
- All important carryover amounts that can be obtained (varies by previous software used)
- State data including state information (i.e., depreciation differences and tax refund)
- Amounts that are not relevant to next-year tax preparation
- Some unobtainable calculated carryover amounts
- 706, 709, 990, or 5500 items
In most cases, data conversion will be completed within 1 business day. We will begin offering tax year 2019 client data conversions with the first release of the 2020 ProSeries Tax program in November 2020.
Can my data be converted?
Our data conversion process supports the following software and modules:
Migrating over from TurboTax? Learn how to transfer your data.
Ready to submit your data?
Back up your client data. Be sure to remove ALL passwords from your client files. Next, follow the backup instructions closely for your vendor below to prevent any delays:
ProSeries Tax Data Conversion Wizard:
The Tax Data Conversion Wizard is accessible from within the Intuit ProConnect ProSeries Tax program. Under the Import menu, select Client Data Conversion > Submit Client Data For Conversion to start our safe and secure data conversion wizard.
- Enter your User ID and Password and click Sign In
- After signing in, follow the screen prompts to upload your data
- Please allow one business day for your converted files
Data Conversion Confirmation:
After you receive your confirmation email that your conversion is ready, open your ProSeries Tax program and go to the Import menu. Select Client Data Conversion > Download Converted Client Data and sign in with your Intuit My Account login. Follow the screen prompts in the ProSeries Tax Data Conversion Wizard to download your converted client data files. Congratulations! Your transferred clients will now automatically appear in the current-year ProSeries Tax program.