Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case:1597166696 Help with tax return

st
Level 1

This has been one of the worst experience we have experienced with Lacerte since we have been with them over several decades.  I spent an hour and half of the phone and got not help, no guidance, or any answers.  I got told that the program developers messed up and that we should send them a survey.  That is insane!  We cant even talk to the developers but they are reasonable for the error according to Lacerte.  No one at Lacerte will tell us who the developers are even though when we write our large check to Lacerte they seem to cash it with no problem even though they don't have any control or information on the developers program that their name is on.  Please call me as soon as possible, as I am not happy with this product and its lack of help in fixing a problem in the program.

Derek W. Gerstner

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
sjrcpa
Level 15

No one from Lacerte will call you. This forum is "staffed" by volunteer users of the software. It is a public forum so you should remove your phone number.

What is your issue? Perhaps someone here can help.

Ex-AllStar
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

thanks @sjrcpa for calling that out.

@st i went ahead and removed your personal information from your post. for future reference, per our community guidelines:

"Protect privacy - yours and others. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post personal information (including contact information)."

abctax55
Level 15

Nice response @Intuitjhaze 

Now, how about offering @st some actual help??????

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

@abctax55 does removing his personal information not count as help? Noted.

abctax55
Level 15

Not with getting the program to work... which is rather important given it is 3.23.2023.  

3.5 decades with Lacerte and the product has never been so unstable. 

( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Intuitjhaze  Are you intentionally being a jerk?  While you are doing your moderating duties, Abc was pointing out that your response did absolutely nothing for helping with the OP's original problem.  

Do you realize that when an Intuit employee responds to a customer's post and doesn't even address the poster's problem, it can really upset the OP and it reflects really badly on Intuit and its employees?  It shows that Intuit doesn't give a 💩 about its customers.

abctax55
Level 15

Thanks, Bill.  You are much more articulate 🙂

@Intuitjhaze   I would HAPPILY list every phone number I have, on this public forum,  if it would guarantee that I could download updates to all my workstations without at least one problem requiring the use of ToolHub.  I've come to dread Thursday afternoons.

( Generic Comment )"
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

@abctax55 @TaxGuyBill definitely not my intention to come off as a jerk.  I focused on what I could do at the moment and ensured that @st  personal information was removed from the community for the public to see. @sjrcpa had already asked him "What is your issue?" so I attempted to wait for more information.

While we wait for a response, i'll do some digging on my end and share this with the team for further investigation.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Intuitjhaze wrote:

I focused on what I could do at the moment and ensured that @st  personal information was removed from the community for the public to see

@sjrcpa had already asked him "What is your issue?" so I attempted to wait for more information.

We are grateful that you removed that information. 

If you were just another user, that would be fine to not respond at all to the OP's question and just wait for a response.  However, as an employee, the lack of comment about the OP's question comes off very badly.  This forum is for customer support, so if an employee makes a comment on a thread, they need to be thinking about customer support and how their response affects that customer.  Even just a brief 'when you respond about what the problem is, hopefully we'll be able to give you some assistance' would go a long way.

IntuitGabi

Thanks for the feedback @TaxGuyBill @abctax55 

Welcome to the community, @st We can pass on feedback about your support experience. For your issue at hand, please provide additional information onto this thread so others can help troubleshoot and/or the Intuit staff can pass onto the appropriate team. Screenshots and detailed descriptions will supplement information you gave over the phone, especially if you shared your file with an agent already, this helps us find the root cause of any potential program hiccup. 

abctax55
Level 15

A case number (as well as what the OP stated) indicates contact has been made with support and the 'issue' documented.  I am well aware that Intuit has the ability to *see* my contact info based on my log-in here and to contact me directly off-forum.  They usually do it to yell at me & request my presence in the principle's office

( Generic Comment )"