Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Intuit employees

BevP
Level 2

The wait time on the phone is unacceptable and when the employee connects to another department I have been disconnected.

1.  I sent attachments to Intuit regarding my change of address to update the program as I had already updated with IRS.  The employee said that info was not good enough so she walked me through to IRS to get the info she thought I needed and came up with a new efile number.  That should have never been changed her response was that I moved but I have never had to change before and I did not have problems sending efiled returns and getting acknowledgements until that was changed.  I could not get the information from the original efile # and could not relate answers to my clients.  They could not find their info in the IRS where is my refund site.  

2.  Now I get back on the phone with Intuit another hour before working with a gentleman who helped get all the acknowledgments for both efile numbers which also took at least 1 and half hours.

3.  I called to complain and waited another hour and her first reaction was to change my efile # back to the original number.  I said NO it is finally working DO NOT change it back but I think I deserve a credit for my time on the phone and the incorrect info originally for a new efile number.  She said she would give me 1 business return free, not acceptable.  I ask to speak with a Supervisor and then disconnected.  This is a very busy and short season and time is certainly a commodity.  

4.  Now I am making my deferred payment and since I did not get a chance to to transfer monies to the one account I was using 2 debits.  1 for 1000 and the other for the balance of 1214.   Well I look at my bank accounts and now I have been overcharged by $1000.  So now I have to get back on the phone and I waited for the callback, she puts me in touch with accounting that is suppose to correct the issue.  First he answers as if he is mad at the world and I told him so, but he said he will put in for the correction.  Then told me I will need to speak with customer service regarding the other issues and again it goes back to the main operator at intuit so they can direct your call and another wait time.  

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE CLIENT SERVICE HERE IN WHICH THE PEOPLE PAYING FOR THE SOFTWARE EVERY YEAR GETS TREATED AS IF THEY DO NOT MATTER.

I hope to see a response from Intuit as a person who has used this program for so many years.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

"I hope to see a response from Intuit as a person who has used this program for so many years"

There is always hope, but don't hold your breath waiting.

Slava Ukraini!
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

***grabs some popcorn and sits in recliner...…...

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
qbteachmt
Level 15

"***grabs some popcorn and sits in recliner...…..."

And a beer or glass of wine, because it's gonna be a while.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
BevP
Level 2

Still no response and still waiting for my overpayment of $1,000 refund since March 3rd.

I cannot believe that they leave their customers with very little assistance if any.

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Can you dispute the transaction and do a chargeback?  That will usually get someone's attention (unfortunately it may also get your account suspended...)

TheydonotCARE
Level 2

Here's the number I was given to talk with someone directly on the Finance Team..... 1-800-925-8364, option 2. 

I guess I should be grateful that I was ONLY overcharged by $128, not $1,000 like you.  I have also been a LOYAL ProSeries customer for over 15 years and get nowhere when I call.  I've wasted about 4 hours so far on the phone trying to get my money back and no one seems to know what they are doing when I call....  I have exact order #s and everything and know which charges processed and which did not.....Calling back to the # above is on my "to-do list" along with one million other things this time of year.  

Good luck to you!! With love--from another accountant that ProSeries screwed over!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"This is a very busy and short season and time is certainly a commodity.  "

This year is the longest tax season (without extensions) Ive ever seen.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

Anyone else remember Lee Iacocca?  The Chrysler CEO back in the 80s who made the commercials where he said, ""If you find a better car, buy it."

You certainly have some reasonable criticism, but since it is a short season and we all might die before the end of it, my policy is to finish returns first and demand satisfaction later. 

And let me know how your search for a better software company turns out.  IRS prefers to limit the field to three or four major suppliers, so they keep better control over their e-filing demands.  It's sort of like airplanes.  First you limit them to one domestic manufacturer, then you put that company out of business.

Chrysler was bought out by Fiat.  Take a deep breath and be thankful Customer Service is not in Milan.  

qbteachmt
Level 15

"where he said, ""If you find a better car, buy it.""

Which he did, because I bought a small Dodge pickup that really was a Mitsubishi. So, thanks, Lee, for taking your own advice and not producing something you could buy off the existing market and just stick your own label on it.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.