Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment due date is now 7/15/20 without penalty...but I get an error message if I put that date

tax5
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tax5
Level 2

I never took the question off which I posted immediately after the announcement.  Why do you need to be rude to me.  I did research and could not find an answer so I posted it.  I can't believe how people feel a need to be nasty...it was a good question!  

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
abctax55
Level 15

OMG..

Do you REALLY think the software can be updated for an announcement that JUST came out from the IRS an hour ago.

SMH

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

1,00 $%3.,.&%^8, >>>>@#

Oh crap, I knew the counter couldn't keep up with all of these.  I'll try to get it fixed.

Slava Ukraini!
tax5
Level 2

The treasury announced this yesterday 3/17/20

sjrcpa
Level 15

Yesterday's announcement was oral. The official written guidance just came out this afternoon.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Don't bother...I don't think anyone can build one that can keep up.

( Generic Comment )"
fmhenley52
Level 2

It's been a week now, and the software still isn't updated.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Has it been a week already?  Time sure flies when you are having fun.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
meoleson
Level 5

Do you think they post banners highlighted in yellow just to make them pretty?  Read them or look at the other 150 posts that refer to the same question and just may have an answer to your question.  It is not a crime to research this site to see if your question has been asked and answered before.  If you really have a concern call Intuit.  Non of your peers here have a hotline to the programming department and frankly are getting frustrated answering the same question over and over and over, but God bless them, they have been more patient than most of us, and often times will offer a link to an answer.  Just do some research if your question needs a fast answer.

tax5
Level 2

I never took the question off which I posted immediately after the announcement.  Why do you need to be rude to me.  I did research and could not find an answer so I posted it.  I can't believe how people feel a need to be nasty...it was a good question!  

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't think anybody was being rude to you, but folks are getting tired of all of the posts that have followed since yours.  Everybody just needs to relax and remember the good old days when tax season actually ended on April 15th for most folks.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
meoleson
Level 5

Appreciate your comment IRonMaN.  Maybe it is an error on my part, but as I have posted in the past, I review all of the subjects at least 3 times per day to see if I can glean some knowledge for me and or for my clients.  Just gets monotonous and frustrating sometimes seeing the same question five posts in a row, and I salute people like you and Lisa and others for being able to answer the same @#*& question over and over and over.  I worked in corporate America for 33 years and a publicly held company for 8 years.  We did not have time for redundant questions and frankly would fire people who did not take the time to research a problem.  I am old and old habits die hard.  If people think their are rude comments on this site come to my world as Treasurer of a publicly held company and have investment bankers calling you after you missed your numbers by a couple of cents per share.

abctax55
Level 15

@tax5 

No one is being *mean* to you.  You posted a question within in HOURS of a law being passed asking when the software would be updated.  That is unreasonable.

Us volunteers spend HOURS filtering thru these threads, trying to help fellow tax pros with issues.

The continual posting of the same thing over, over, and over by folks drains our resources (and patience).  This forum  (NEW & IMPROVED... snort) doesn't lend itself to easily to viewing posts that aren't on the first page.

When the first page is filled with the same whining about the software not being updated, it limits our effectiveness.

And since WE are basically all the support available to Intuit software users, I suppose we allowed to be just a bit impatient with the whining.

( Generic Comment )"
tax5
Level 2

It would have been nice to just get an answer that the software had not been updated yet and there was no work around instead of lecturing me.  I had a client call and couldn't find an answer to my question so I was led to this blog.  I did not intend to abuse the programmers and the response I got was trying to make me feel guilty for asking.  

0 Cheers
meoleson
Level 5

No one was trying to make you feel guilty for asking, people are just tired of answering the same question countless times when a little detective work would find the answer faster than waiting for a peer tax preparer to take the time to read all of the posts and answer the same question for the 47th time.  It is tax season and their time is valuable as well.  The link I  shared listed several asked and answered same type of questions.  There is no crime in telling a client that I will need to call you back on that one.  We are in uncharted water when the IRS did not initiate this one, the Secretary of the Treasury and Congress started this one so that is the longest way to have something get enacted for the IRS and all of the Software providers.  I can only imagine having programmers at the IRS and Intuit not being able to collaborate in the same room to get programming done efficiently. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

If this is the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to you, it sounds like you have led a pretty charmed life.  How about everyone just wash their hands and get back to work?  I'm really starting to feel sorry for this dead horse being kicked so many times.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers