Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eFiling a 2021 Amended return

JML222
Level 4

Hello,

Trying to efile an amended 2021 return and getting the following message:

Error Detail:
The year of the 'PrimarySignatureDt' in the Return Header must be equal to the processing
year.
Error Resolution:
This return was rejected due to incorrect signature date. Review "Date PIN entered" on
the Federal Information Worksheet. The date must be in the current calendar year to efile.
Ignore error messaging about the reject if necessary.

Now, when I change the Date PIN entered to todays date, the software rejects the change.

Any insight?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxBeth
Level 2

I have been updating the 2021 version.  Still doesn't work, but your instructions for the work-around through the transmit & convert did.  I just got confirmation that Intuit has accepted the file. Thank you!

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
dkh
Level 15

Other posts discussing several days ago....believe the solution is to use current date but you will need to uncheck  the Enable Conversion error checking when efiling.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Use today's date but when you convert the file for e-filing, unclick the box for error checking.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
JML222
Level 4

converted the file already. How would I uncheck the box for error checking?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Go through the EF center homebase and just convert it again.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxBeth
Level 2

Using ProSeries Basic and having same issue.  Where do I uncheck the box for error checking?  

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@TaxBeth This problem was fixed in an update.  So if you haven't done so recently, update.

TaxBeth
Level 2

I always update daily; however, did try updating again.  Still getting the following error message:

Error Detail: The year of the "PrimarySignatureDt" in the Return Header must be equal to the processing year.

Error Resolution: This return was rejected due to incorrect signature date. Review "Date PIN Entered" on the Federal Information Worksheet. The date must be in the calendar year to efile. Ignore error messaging about the reject if necessary. 

I've attempted to backdate to signature date to 12/31/2022; however, that results in a review error and then I'm unable to transmit the return.  

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Someone a few days ago said they were up to date and they still had problems.  I suggested going to your start menu, click ProSeries and then select "repair updates" to see if that took care of the issue.  He never came back to say if it worked or not so I don't know if it solved the issue or he just got frustrated and retired.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxBeth
Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion but no-go, still getting back an e-file reject with the error message that I have in my previous comment.  Very frustrating, seems that I have had different issues with ProSeries for the last several years and could never be corrected.  Does anybody have any suggestions??  Might be time to move on to a different program next year, extremely frustrating!

0 Cheers
sewcpa
Level 5

The comment that an update fixed it means that we (you and me both) need to do the update on the 2021 program. I keep meaning to do that but... We all have to update daily /weekly the current yr.

The work around that was mentioned earlier in the thread was to use the proper current date in the file even if it causes a red flag by Intuit. Save the return and go to the efile homebase. Select the file to transmit & convert - at that screen uncheck the "error checking" by Intuit button and send return to IRS

I will now do the update of prior yr program myself to my computer to current status

TaxBeth
Level 2

I have been updating the 2021 version.  Still doesn't work, but your instructions for the work-around through the transmit & convert did.  I just got confirmation that Intuit has accepted the file. Thank you!

JML222
Level 4

I spoke with Intuit tech support a couple of weeks ago regarding this issue. I replicated the problem, and they saw it and said they would get back to me. So far... no response

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

@IntuitGabi  

Why is this solved?  It was JML's question and J is still waiting for a call back from support.  TaxBeth jumped into the middle of the discussion and listened to advice repeated a couple of times by other folks and she has now provided the solution?  Why can't those that have the power to mark questions as solved just let nature take its course?  Let the person who actually asked the question determine if their problem is really solved.  And if their problem is solved and they never come back to say so, is anybody going to suffer an untimely death because of it.  

@JML  - did the above suggestions of using the current date and killing error checking not work for you?

Slava Ukraini!
JML222
Level 4

The current date - error checking did not work for me or for the tech support people. I should have posted the tech support involvement earlier. Lesson learned.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried selecting ProSeries from your start menu and then clicked on repair updates?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
JML222
Level 4

Yes, that was one of the steps I went thru with tech support.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

For the heck of it, I would try it one more time since it was awhile back since you tried it.  I'm not saying it will work, but it is worth a try.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers