Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been able to successfuly e-file an amended 2021 federal return since efiling resumed?

FTAX
Level 5

Resolved - updates needed to be refreshed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FTAX
Level 5

Just make sure you've updated 2021 and click 'refresh updates', to be safe.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Thanks, I'm waiting on one now. I'll check tomorrow. 

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive got one sitting ready, havent tried to EF it yet.

what message are you getting?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
FTAX
Level 5

Just make sure you've updated 2021 and click 'refresh updates', to be safe.

syinful
Level 1

I have done everything and tried to efile and Amended Return it came back because it said the PrimarySignatureDt needed to be in the current year. Changed the year to the current date - then ProSeries shows the error message about the signature date - and won't efile it because it has an error message that the date needs to be between 01/01/2022 and 12/31/2022 - it will not let me transmit the return - even though proseries said I can ignore the error message it won't let me file it - and I have done a refresh on the updates?

Help

0 Cheers
PaulaB
Level 3

I am reading about all of these struggles to electronically submit an amended Federal return.  I "amended" a 2021 Federal return by adding a long term care insurance premium expense on a Schedule A.  Schedule A was not filed with the Federal return in 2021 because the standard deduction was higher.  The real reason I "amended" the 2021 Federal return was to have the long term care insurance expense get picked up by the NY return and create a credit on the NY return which did effectuate an amended 2021 NY return.  I am not even going to try to submit the NY amended return after reading about the struggles to electronically file an amended Federal return.  Unfortunately the taxpayers will be waiting a while for the additional NY refund!  Some things must be done the "old fashioned" way.  

0 Cheers