Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone use ProSeries on an Apple Computer? If so would you recommend Apple or PC?

Highlighted
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

ProSeries does not support or write the program for the Mac Operating system. With that being said there are a lot of users out there who have Apple computers and run Windows so it really depends on the Operating system that is installed on the system.

We only Support Windows. I hope that helps. Also to note we do not support parallels. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Replies 10
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

ProSeries does not support or write the program for the Mac Operating system. With that being said there are a lot of users out there who have Apple computers and run Windows so it really depends on the Operating system that is installed on the system.

We only Support Windows. I hope that helps. Also to note we do not support parallels. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
I asked this at one point I think or I was pondering it. Why @Jeff H does PS not support or write for both?
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Lacerte does not work on MAC either, FWIW.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
"Why @Jeff H does PS not support or write for both?"

Because Intuit believes that tax preparers and accountants are too boring to use those flashy Apple products :grimacing:
ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
lol....no way jose...I prefer apple anyways. Windows is too volatile.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

I wish I had a solid answer for you. Our stance for as long as I have been here is we only program for Windows based computers. 

If it helps here ate the System Requirements for the 2018 ProSeries Software

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1732106-system-requirements-for-2018-proseries-pro...

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
Thats more or less what I was wondering. I was mostly curious. I like Apple products and would make the switch immediately if that was the case. Gracias
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 12
Are you saying I can't starting using my "Apple IIe" to do tax returns?  The program doesn't come on 5 1/4 inch floppy disks?   :smile::smile:
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

If you are really REALLY keen to run ProSeries on Mac, you may consider installing Windows on your Mac either in a virtual machine window or dual-boot (using Boot Camp).

Another alternative would be to install Wine but you will likely run into problems because it does not require Windows to be installed and Wine would attempt to rewrite the codes so that the software could be run on a Mac.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Either way, the set up will not be supported by Intuit, so you may run into a brick wall when you need technical support.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers