Jeff N
Level 2

Our office uses MacBook Pro's to run ProSeries via Parallels and has for well over a decade. I recently purchased an M1 iMac for a preparer to run ProSeries on. Unfortunately, you need to use the Windows ARM version and ProSeries does not support this currently. I tried for months to get the emulation process to work to no avail. ProSeries would run fine for a while then completely shut down. Currently you can not run ProSeries on an ARM Windows machine. 

When I realized the issue I immediately bought several Intel Macs, in case we ever had any computer issues in our office. 

The only way to run ProSeries on an M1/M2 MAC would be to utilize ProSeries cloud based version. This eliminates a lot of extra software and hassle but I am not a big fan of anything Cloud Based. 

For those of you using Apple computers for ProSeries I strongly recommend MacBook Pro's. They seem to be the fastest and most capable of handling the program. I also recommend that you keep all of your data on the Mac side and not on your Windows Local C: Drive. All of our data is kept in a special folder on the Mac side. This not only protects your data but if the Window side of your computer fails, you still have a back up of all your data on the Mac side. Plus you can utilize Time Machine for continual back ups. 

On another note, if you understand how the process works(MAC) for your data you never need to tell ProSeries support that you are running Mac or Parallels. Just the Window version you are on. We have spoken too many Tier 1 support techs that have no clue how we operate. When you are operating ProSeries on Parallels in a Window OS there is no difference with the issues. Only where you choose to keep your data. It takes some getting use too, but you learn as you go. 

Ironically, ProSeries use to support BootCamp, which was Mac's own version of Parallels. So saying that they don't support Mac is not 100% true. If they did, they wouldn't understand what BootCamp was. 

Hope that helps...