Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just increased my Pay Per Return balance by $350 using this WONDERFUL new system, and when I go to print a return, it says I don't have enough in my account to let it print. I have the confirmation where they charged my credit card. What is going on???

Dave21
Level 1

I just increased my Pay Per Return balance by $350 using this WONDERFUL new system, and when I go to print a return, it says I don't have enough in my account to let it print. I have the confirmation where they charged my credit card. What is going on???

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
dkh
Level 15

Try closing -reopening the program.  Shouldn't need to but can't hurt to try.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I used the fancy new system today as well....had old credit cards that I didn't even recognize, and the one that was current had my ex employer's home address with it? WTF

My return did get authorized, I did the PPR from within the return though, it prompted me when I went to print, I havent tried it outside a client file.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
AndrewS
Employee
Employee

Hi @Dave21 

Please go to Tools -> Pay per Return -> Show Account Balance.

Does this show the correct amount with the $350?

dsocpa
Level 5

Same issue. Pay per return balance was increased on 12/20. Yet when I try to file an extension through the program payment is required.  Is there something special I need to do to make the payment connect with the client's file in ProSeries?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you add the PPR money to the 2021 program or the 2022? 

If you added it to 2021, it wont carry to 2022 for the 2022 extension.

EF isnt open yet for individuals, so if its a 4868, there 'may' be some issue applying payment until the filing season opens.

0 Cheers
dsocpa
Level 5

Thanks for your response Just-Lisa-Now.  

Regarding the application of the payment.  I was getting an error message when trying to increase the  PPR balance for a 2021 S Corp return - not sending the extension although that was the end game.  I read in this community one way to resolve the issue was pay the fee online in "My Account".  So that is what I did.

The client is on a fiscal year 2021-2022.  I'm using the 2021 program, To that end you do raise a good point because I'm not sure when making a payment through my account if the payment defaulted automatically to the current year (was December 2022).   I see the charge on my cc but can't find within my account how to check the balance - in 2021 Proseries the account balance is showing as $0.

This is a 7004 S Corp fiscal year 2021 extension.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im afraid you'll need to call Support to get this fixed, theres no way for us to transfer a payment from one year to the other.   

I did see someone in the ProSeries FB group state that they had a great CS experience when they called this week, so maybe things are looking up with support!