Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client letters disappeared

IRunFar
Level 3

So yesterday afternoon, client letters completely disappeared for us.  This is on a network install.  Disappeared across all years of Proseries, and there isn't even the option to restore them.

Tool hub didn't fix.

Anyone else have this happen?  Help!?!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRunFar
Level 3

Okay, got it.  I tried the tool hub first, but should have tried the update repair first.

"Tools - Repair Updates" from the start menu cleared it up.  Apparently, since it occurred to my machine, the admin, it took out the entire office's client letters.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IRunFar
Level 3

Okay, got it.  I tried the tool hub first, but should have tried the update repair first.

"Tools - Repair Updates" from the start menu cleared it up.  Apparently, since it occurred to my machine, the admin, it took out the entire office's client letters.

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

My letters have been working properly.  Not your answer but suggestion for future.  I modify all of my 1040 letters (don't use business letters, find it better to use Word), but I make a copy of my letters from the "Common" folder of ProWinxx to a folder in My Documents so that there is a backup each year of what I've done.

IRunFar
Level 3

Thanks!  As I was searching all the different rabbit holes to fix this before I found the right one; I saw someone else who had done something similar.  That is downright brilliant instead of me changing the standard letter every single year for individuals, partnerships, etc., etc. 

I will have to do that.  Thanks again!