Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Letter disappeared

PhilG_CPA
Level 3

Client letters stopped printing with return. When I go to the letter editing options in the Tools menu, no templates are there for the standard letters any more. I did not make any changes to the program, they seem to have just disappeared today. Any ideas?

I drive a minivan.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't know if it will have any affect, but I would try one other step before panic sets in.  For the heck of it, I would go to the start menu, click on ProSeries and then click on "tools repair - updates".  I always remember the line from the movie War Games - "I would piss on a spark plus if I though it would do any good".  This kinda sounds like a spark plug moment.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

Does the minivan have flames on the sides?

Stupid question, but did rebooting your computer not bring the letters back?  Did you do an update between the last time they printed and now?

Slava Ukraini!
PhilG_CPA
Level 3

No flames, unfortunately.

reboot didn’t work. No updates before printing, but I have since updated and no results.

I drive a minivan.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried going back to square one and tried a fresh setup of letters through print options? - kinda like setting up for the first time in the software? 

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
PhilG_CPA
Level 3

I’ve tried the choose which letters to print and the print with return options. Everything blank. No templates are available.

I drive a minivan.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't know if it will have any affect, but I would try one other step before panic sets in.  For the heck of it, I would go to the start menu, click on ProSeries and then click on "tools repair - updates".  I always remember the line from the movie War Games - "I would piss on a spark plus if I though it would do any good".  This kinda sounds like a spark plug moment.

Slava Ukraini!
PhilG_CPA
Level 3

I’ll give it a shot when I’m back on tonight. Appreciate the suggestion. Thanks for the help.

I drive a minivan.
PhilG_CPA
Level 3

Ironman,

It worked! Thanks for the tip. I'm back in action!

I drive a minivan.
IRonMaN
Level 15

That's good news!  I'll have to remember to keep some spark plugs handy, just in case 😁

Slava Ukraini!
IHCPA
Level 2

One point to make (I had the same issue):  I'm on the network version, so if you are also on the network version, you will have to do the repair from the server, not a workstation.

0 Cheers
ckevin
Level 3

FYI 4/24/2020 Ironman's answer worked for me today.

Thanks bud!

IRonMaN
Level 15

👍

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers