dd4vols's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dd4vols's Posts

I have not even entered any 1099 info yet?
When Intuit first upgraded the client search feature to the 'Find Client' method....it was amazing. Infact, I use it all the time.  So much, that I wish the little search box was permanent in every H... See more...
When Intuit first upgraded the client search feature to the 'Find Client' method....it was amazing. Infact, I use it all the time.  So much, that I wish the little search box was permanent in every Home Base View, instead of having to click the "find client" button for it to appear.  Is that a possibility???
Sales of a Principle Foreign Residence A principal residence abroad is any property you have lived in for at least two of the last five. When you sell your principal residence, you are eligible for... See more...
Sales of a Principle Foreign Residence A principal residence abroad is any property you have lived in for at least two of the last five. When you sell your principal residence, you are eligible for a gain exclusion of $250,000 USD, or $500,000 USD for married principal owners. If you don’t qualify for the gain exclusion, any gain will be considered foreign income and thus eligible for the Foreign Tax Credit. This income is not considered foreign earned income and will not qualify for the  Foreign Earned Income Exclusion.    You don't really have to post the same question 3 times you know......
<  >  codes in the letter are primarily used when something above it in the letter  [  ] has triggered the information to print.  The <code> you have is a state code, so I suspect you have accidental... See more...
<  >  codes in the letter are primarily used when something above it in the letter  [  ] has triggered the information to print.  The <code> you have is a state code, so I suspect you have accidentally erased a [ or a ] somewhere right above it. There are  whole sections of the 'letter' that get generated by  a [@BeginStateText] operator.  If you are in a client specific letter for that client, delete it and create another one.  If you have altered the standard client letter, to your liking, and it has worked properly with state returns before, then you have, as I stated above, inadvertently (which is easy to do) erased a [ or a ] I suspect.
the problem is not in his name.  It's in his SSN.  I suspect that the 17 filed his own taxes, and claimed himself on that return, not knowing he did not need to do that.  try to get a copy of that 17... See more...
the problem is not in his name.  It's in his SSN.  I suspect that the 17 filed his own taxes, and claimed himself on that return, not knowing he did not need to do that.  try to get a copy of that 17 yr old super genius's return, and I would almost guarantee that is what has happened.  if that is the case, then; 1) file an amended return for the 17 yr old tax pro, and change to where he IS claimed by someone else.  Unless he made a ton of money, should not change his refund one bit. 2), then wait...and wait..and wait a little more, and then paper file the parents return with the explanation of what happened and the child's return has been amended to reflect being claimed by the parents.
Well, the plot thinnens... NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ELECTRONIC FILING Your client's federal return is not eligible for electronic filing due to the following reason: You have an amount on Form 3800 Part ... See more...
Well, the plot thinnens... NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ELECTRONIC FILING Your client's federal return is not eligible for electronic filing due to the following reason: You have an amount on Form 3800 Part III, Line 1e from Form 8826. ProSeries does not support this information to be filed electronically.   I've had to "un-solution" you Bill.       🙂          
This client is a single-member LLC.  Form 1040.  I should have been more specific.  thanks.  
Here still, in the year of our Lord 2023, Pro Series still does not support Form 8826, Disabled Access Credit. So, even though Form 3800 is not on the dropdown list for pdf attachments when you try... See more...
Here still, in the year of our Lord 2023, Pro Series still does not support Form 8826, Disabled Access Credit. So, even though Form 3800 is not on the dropdown list for pdf attachments when you try to attach a pdf, has anyone actually attached that form (Form 8826), used the 'other' option when attaching, and indicate Form 8826 in the description part of the attachment process?
If the house and 30 acres are one parcel of property, i would certainly say it all was available for the 2 year residency exclusion. But, I'm having a little trouble understanding the first sentence.... See more...
If the house and 30 acres are one parcel of property, i would certainly say it all was available for the 2 year residency exclusion. But, I'm having a little trouble understanding the first sentence.   So did the 30 acres of land and the cost of the house build equal $750,000? or did he buy the 30 acres of land for $750k, and can't remember the house cost?
@MGC94 ..just wondering, have you completed any return w/o asking the community to provide you with the proper tax treatment and reporting?
and now, @sjrcpa  has totally saddened me with her take on the process.  I once had hope.........😀
@MikeA1 .  I try to refile the parents return on a daily basis, and each day i get the dreaded red thumb of death.  But I'm holding out, and refiling every day.  Some day maybe I'll see some green wh... See more...
@MikeA1 .  I try to refile the parents return on a daily basis, and each day i get the dreaded red thumb of death.  But I'm holding out, and refiling every day.  Some day maybe I'll see some green when i file it.
Fire the client........life is toooo short for such big problems!😀😀
You assume toooooo much @taxiowa 😀😀   completely overlooked that hidden gem!  Much thanks to you!!
Where and how can I enter them?  I see the wording on line 17d..but I can't figure out how to input the Sec 199A dividends the corp received on some investments.
It doesn't look like the Colorado regular return has been filed??
Are you confusing the requirements for the 1065 with the requirements for a 1120S?
You do know that when you click on an amount on a line that is not a number you have input and it has the little magnifying glass symbol, that you can click on it and it will take you back to the for... See more...
You do know that when you click on an amount on a line that is not a number you have input and it has the little magnifying glass symbol, that you can click on it and it will take you back to the form that number came from.  and keep doing that til you reach the limitation form.   Also, if you are at a line, and click on it, and the magnifying glass doesn't appear, you can right click your mouse, and find the last two options of that right click (cross reference, etc), they will normally  lead you to those calculations.
Simple.  If you have 'double-checked" your input.  Then, find the $790 credit on your 1040.  And drill down on each preceding form, until you find the form with the limitation. then STUDY and REVIEW ... See more...
Simple.  If you have 'double-checked" your input.  Then, find the $790 credit on your 1040.  And drill down on each preceding form, until you find the form with the limitation. then STUDY and REVIEW that form to find your answer.  That is what 99.9% of tax preparers would do.  So they would know the answer themselves the next time this issue arose. You can't expect this community to analyze every return that you don't understand.