Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is EF Info Wks saying I need to attach .pdf?

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I have not even entered any 1099 info yet?

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
PATAX
Level 15

Could be something that got transferred over from last year that's triggering it. Or could be just a plain error. I've never had that happen to me though

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is it the 1116B?  Thats the one that trips me up and the EF worksheet flags.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I  was wondering if that could be it, but it would before, specifically tell us we needed a copy of Form 1116  Sch B.  Unless that got changed in an update since I have had a return with a 1116 carryover. 

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I didn't have an attachment with last year's return.  I even deleted all my input for current year. it still showed up.  So, I finally just deleted my current year return, transferred from last year and updated the extension request stuff. Still there.  I think I am going to attach the Form 1116 Sch B (i would need to anyways based on earlier returns), and hope that makes the software happy. Just don't want to trigger some hidden desire of the software for the dreaded Form 8453

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Well, I just opened up another extended return with Form 1116 carryover...and i get the same result,  The EF Info Wks has the big red uhoh glaring at me.  It must be the form 1116  Sch B, but i'm not sure how a beginner could ever figure that out.

Is this correct @IntuitGabi

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Every time that EF Worksheet gives me that mystery error its the 1116 attachment, I dont know why it cant have a better explanation somewhere. 

Made me crazy the first time it happened, it was a return with a 1310 and it kept making me think it had something to do with the 1310 and something needed to be attached for it.   I think it might show up in a diagnostic somewhere, but by the time you go looking for that youre so pissed off you probably skip right over it.

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dd4vols @Just-Lisa-Now- I'll see what I can find out. What is the message saying? Is there an error code. Thanks! 

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

No verbiage. just has the 'red error' on the forms list  side panel.  when you click on the red, it takes you to a line on that worksheet. The very first line(on the description side) in the Options of Transmitting forms as .pdf

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, I'll pass along. We might need a sanitized file, I'll update as I learn more. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It happened in an update earlier this summer. 

The warning that the 1116B needed to be attached prior to getting the rejection is a great feature, but it doesnt need to be so clandestine!  LOL   

The EF Info Worksheet makes NO mention of WHAT needs to be attached, it just gives the red error next to it on the Forms in Use list.  When you go to it, you get nothing that tells you what it wants attached.

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

For anyone experiencing this, please contact support so we can create a sanitized file to see the experience. 

Contact us: 1-800-434-6818 

@Just-Lisa-Now- @dd4vols @PATAX 

0 Cheers