Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form 8826 pdf attachment

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Here still, in the year of our Lord 2023, Pro Series still does not support Form 8826, Disabled Access Credit.

So, even though Form 3800 is not on the dropdown list for pdf attachments when you try to attach a pdf, has anyone actually attached that form (Form 8826), used the 'other' option when attaching, and indicate Form 8826 in the description part of the attachment process?

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@dd4vols wrote:

Here still, in the year of our Lord 2023, Pro Series still does not support Form 8826, Disabled Access Credit.

That's because it's rarely needed by TurboTax users.  Therefore, Intuit isn't interested in adding it to TurboTax's brother, ProSeries.

If you can enter the amount on the 3800, I think I would attach it as you mentioned.  If the IRS has a problem with it, they will send a notice, and you can mail the form to them.

Dusty2
Level 7

It is the S-Corp list of forms.

Dusty

PS:  I would fill it out as a PDF and attach it as an OTHER document.  Then fill out the 3800.

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

This client is a single-member LLC.  Form 1040.  I should have been more specific.  thanks.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Well, the plot thinnens...

NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ELECTRONIC FILING

Your client's federal return is not eligible for electronic filing due to the following reason: You have an amount on Form 3800 Part III, Line 1e from Form 8826. ProSeries does not support this information to be filed electronically.

I've had to "un-solution" you Bill.       🙂

0 Cheers