Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Interest Trust Form 5227

tim05
Level 3

Does ProSeries offer the IRS form 5227 Split Interest Trust. I have a number of clients that are required to file this form but I can not find it in the ProSeries Library.  ☹️

4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

To this day I remember centuries ago that asking for form 5227 was brought up on the earlier version of this forum.  One of the early moderators asked the question if anyone else needed the form and several folks said yes.  Young naive me, thought the form was almost a sure thing when the moderator said he would pass the word along that the form was needed.  I believe that moderator was struck by a meteor shortly after that post and was never able to pass the information along.  Or, nobody in charge of those decisions ever listened to him.  That was the first of many heartbreaking moments I have had hanging around this place.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Jeff, I tried to @ you when I saw this but it didn't work. Figured maybe you would get a chuckle out of it now after all these years.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

When the whole 5227 discussion started I had several clients that needed the form.  Now I only have one client still alive that needs it and I am quite confident he will also go to that big 5227 in the sky before ProSeries ever creates the form. 😢

Slava Ukraini!