Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chatting

rcooley25
Level 11

Now that the regular tax season is over I find that I miss chatting with all of you folks.

25 Comments 25
IRonMaN
Level 15

I can always schedule those welfare checks for twice a day if that will help you out 😜

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

@rcooley25     If you post a thought-provoking statement every so often, most likely you'll get the conversation stimulation you desire. 

I look forward to your post.

rcooley25
Level 11

That would be better than not hearing from you folks at all

rcooley25
Level 11

I think I provoked enough people this past tax season over form 8915F

Camp1040
Level 10

I have a thought provoking issue I would like to discuss!.......oohh you mean tax issue? 

PATAX
Level 15

@rcooley25 We are here all year, well at least some of us are physically....If you cannot think of something tax-wise to discuss, then just make up something outrageous, like the IRS destroys millions of information returns.😉👍

IRonMaN
Level 15

We could always talk about that FREE tax software that Intuit was going to provide next year for anybody that had at least 10 posts here.

We could also talk about something more realistic, like flying pigs.🐖

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

We could also talk about something more realistic, like flying pigs.

joshuabarksatlcs_0-1653082248387.png

Flying pigs...  Okay I'll bite.  I once had one.  I groomed him to help me but none of his tax ideas fly, unlike him himself.  After I fired him, he took a part-time job for cupid (job requirement: must have cute pink cheeks), as the little guy is obviously getting lazy.  I mean, none of my nephews or nieces are married.   

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
PATAX
Level 15

Speaking of pigs, I sure could go for one of those club sandwiches with toasted bread, bacon, and tomato. I'm  getting hungry just thinking about it.🐖🥪

IRonMaN
Level 15

Everything goes better with bacon

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

"...Everything goes better with bacon"

I have:

'Bacon' motif flip flops

Bacon flavored tooth picks

Refrig magnet "For the love of BACON"

My affinity for bacon is well-known 🙂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Camp1040
Level 10

I didn't mean to leave the chat, but I went out for a roast pork sandwich with red onion on rye bread, for some reason I got the urge.🐖.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive got pork belly burnt ends in the smoker! Couple more hours to go!

porkbelly.jpg

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- looks like you are an excellent cook and a tax expert. That is a winning combination.

abctax55
Level 15

I'm about to start smoking two chickens in my Green Egg 🙂 

Smoked chicken pasta for dinner !!

Looks good, Lisa.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Pork belly was for appetizers, I smoked boneless chicken thighs, stuffed mushrooms and corn last night for dinner.   Took some trial and error to get the hang of the Traeger, but I got it down now!  My husband wants to get an Egg next.

belly.jpgdinner.jpg

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rcooley25
Level 11

If what you said about free tax service then al of us should get it free for the next 10 years because of our number of post.

rcooley25
Level 11

After this last tax season I doubt that there are many of us who are all here.

Camp1040
Level 10

I received my renewal notice in the mail. I'm still not sure what fast path is, but I don't need to know, just like I don't need to known how my computer works; as long as it does. I was hoping that this year in addition to our discount, I would be able to redeem my my 92 books of S&H Green Stamps.

Looks like I will be putting in a call to customer service for the answer. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

You are in luck.  With your 92 books of Green Stamps, you will be eligible to receive an additional 0.0% discount.  I'm jealous.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

I knew if I held on to them long enough they would be worth something someday!

Camp1040
Level 10

@IRonMaN ,  I think you may be the only one on the Forum who knows what S&H Stamps where, I do get confused, are we supposed to use the word community, is forum acceptable, I have a hard time keeping up with all the new rules.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I remember the stamps well from my younger days ------------------ my a lot younger days.

I tend to call this place a forum.  I guess when they officially change it to a gated community, I might start calling it a community 😁

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

I remember those stamps, too. We'd get them at the grocery store.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yup.  Piggly Wiggly was open after 5:00 on Thursday evenings so I would go grocery shopping with my dad every Thursday and watch those stamps being handed out to all of the happy customers 😀

Slava Ukraini!