Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return filing at IRS

UnityJim
Level 3

I have now discovered two Form 1040s that were eFiled at Austin that are not recorded as filed when the taxpayer's account on eServices is accessed.  I have the Form 9325 providing date return was accepted and the Submission ID.  

Is this a problem at the IRS or Intuit?  Doesn't seem at Intuit since I have the Form 9325.

Attempts to reach the IRS by phone have been unsuccessful.  I have written a letter to IRS on one of the returns, but, of course, no response.  

Any ideas how to pursue this?  Does Intuit have additional resources that in fact confirm the returns are received by the IRS?  

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Taxpayers dont have EService's accounts, but YOU should as a professional.

Taxpayers have their own personal IRS account.  If those returns got pulled into error processing or ID verification, I dont think they will appear on their own IRS account until the issue is resolved.

Have you called EServices and asked them to verify returns you submitted by submission ID?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
UnityJim
Level 3

I have accessed eServices.

Estimated tax payments are recorded.

The extension request is recorded.

But no return filed.

I have not called eServices myself but will give that a try.

Thank you.  

0 Cheers
UnityJim
Level 3

I have called eServices.

Talked with a very nice lady.

The end result was:  if I have an acknowledgement from Intuit, then the return was filed at the IRS.

Apparently, since the MEF system is down for scheduled maintenance, they cannot verify or confirm the actual filing.  

But, if I have an acknowledgement, then the eServices system will catch up at some point.  

I am back to I don't know more than I did.