Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch failed to apply with error code 25 - Workstation installation

HGNCPA300
Level 2

For three years now, I have been receiving the above code when I attempt to install the ProSeries Workstation running the Setup.exe. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program, tried updating it, updated Windows 10 to include all updates, disabled Avast by putting it in Passive Mode, added the Setup.exe file to Exceptions in Avast and Windows Defender, and added the ProWin22 folder to same, as well as the website to the inbound and outbound rules in Defender, and yet the program will not install on my workstation. I have called ProSeries Technical Support on several occasions, only to hear that it is not their issue, yet this issue has been ongoing for at least three years, and now they refer you to articles that show they have trouble interacting with all major Virus programs. They tell me to call my IT person and that it is obviously a problem in my security settings on my end. All of my Security Settings are unchanged from the default that is loaded in by Windows or any virus software that I use, such as Avast. Has anyone figured out a solution to get the workstation? to install. Thank you

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers