Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

renew PTIN

grossie
Level 5

For the first time i am having problems renewing my PTIN.  Tried to update password, no luck.  Should I create a new account?  Any help is appreciated.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Are you having problems getting the secret code from the IRS or what kind of problems are you having?  I don't think you want to create a new account.

Slava Ukraini!
grossie
Level 5

I am having a problem getting the code from the IRS.

Thank you.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

When they are telling you they are sending the code, you need to check a box on that screen to actually tell them to send it.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

I successfully renewed mine just now.  I should have read @IRonMaN 's advice first -- you have to ask twice to get them to email a code once.  And then it takes a few minutes.  And then you have to change your password and do it all again.  Then when I paid the $30.75 I got a screen that said "Congratulations!  Your PTIN Renewal was successful."  And it also says "Status:  Expired."

They also ask when my professional accreditation expires.  I don't pay my State Bar dues until January, but I enter "December 2023" anyway.  Don't tell anyone at IRS.  

grossie
Level 5

Thank you for your assistance in my PTIN issue.  Much appreciated.

grossie
Level 5

Many thanks for your assistance regarding my PTIN renewal.  Much appreciated.

kenkadish
Level 1

Still not working for me...I ask for a code, and it might be hours before it is generated and arrives...of course, by then, it is beyond the 10 minute limit...

0 Cheers