Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 PTIN Renewals

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Are open.. I just renewed.. ready for tax season!.. (except for the EFTPS debacle)

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
ljr
Level 8

I'm so excited I just renewed. Now if I can get all the clients that didn't hit the extension due date filed and be done with 2022 I might feel better about it. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Now if I can get all the clients that didn't hit the extension due date filed and be done with 2022 I might feel better about it."

We really can't blame our clients for that.  9-1/2 months sneaks up on a person real fast 🙄

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

I'm just too excited to renew now, I have some grocery shopping to do and by then  I should be settled down enough and ready to renew!  What a great day, In the future PTIN renewal   day may become a national holiday.

Seriously I did mark it on my calendar, I like to get it out of the way.  Happy upcoming Tax Season!!

Taxtime3
Level 3

Just renewed.  I remember when these things were FREE!

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I remember back to when we didn't even have to have a PTIN. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Look at the bright side, if Intuit was running the system there would be a fast path fee added to the PTIN fee.😮

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yes it started off voluntary and free I believe, remember that? They claimed by using a PTIN it would be more safe for identity theft and so forth. Now it is mandatory and they charge us a fee. And those who have a PTIN are on a list I believe, on a disc, and it is public information that companies can buy, is that why we now get bombarded with Spam and/or scam? How did that safety angle turn out? Just like e-filing, it started off voluntary too, and then they mandated it. It was supposed to be so great and so safe. See a pattern here?

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

If someone does not want their PTIN on that list there is a setting inside the PTIN website to note that. 

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

edited to say.. there is a setting to turn off ptin broadcast. 

dkh
Level 15

I like to live on the edge.  I usually renew on Dec 30th.

Camp1040
Level 10

@dkh  That is living on the edge for real!! I think I would have to get professional counseling to wait that long!

FYI after grocery shopping and a cruise down the adult beverage isle, I am fully PTIN renewed.

dkh
Level 15

@Camp1040    I have a sign in my office:  If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!

I live by that motto....yes, probably should seek professional help. 

By then, why do today what I can put off until tomorrow.  🤣🤣🤣

IRonMaN
Level 15

I hear that Fireball helps with those kinds of issues.  And the good news is, it should be easier to find now that the excess Illinois demand has been curtailed do the recent retirement of a tax preparer located there.

Slava Ukraini!