Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERIOUS programming issue - PS Professional

kdaglobal
Level 3

PS22 Professional - big issues for me (which is a fundamental programming item) and wondering if anyone else is experiencing them?!?!?

Cannot use keyboard number pad to enter data - must use numbers at the top of the keyboard! (And YES, number lock is in the correct position).

I tried in PS 21 and it the number pad worked just fine - but NOT in PS 22.

Also, cannot copy and paste numbers in PS22.  For example, 1099-R Box 1 & 2 are the same - cannot copy & paste Box 1 number into Box 2.

If these programming issues aren't fixed ASAP, it is going to be a slow down of epic proportions in my ability to enter data.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I was just commenting back and forth with you in the FB group. 

I cannot duplicate your issue (on my home Win 11 machine, I'll check Win 10 at the office tomorrow), so I dont feel its a programming issue, but an issue with your installation.

Id close PS and use the Repair Updates option from the Windows programs menu. Maybe a file got screwy during an update installation, this should dump all previous updates and install a new set.

repair22.jpg

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
BobKamman
Level 15

You are just going to confuse the programmers.  You are correct that this is serious, and it might be basic.  But if you start SHOUTING they are going to think you are referring to BASIC (Beginners' All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code),  a family of general-purpose, high-level programming languages designed for ease of use.

0 Cheers
kdaglobal
Level 3

Fair points, Bob -thank you. I edited my message to show just SERIOUS. 

Just uber frustrated to have paid thousands for a program that can't handle a basic typing function. I have not seen ProSeries this incapable at this point in the season and I have been using it since 2009.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I was just commenting back and forth with you in the FB group. 

I cannot duplicate your issue (on my home Win 11 machine, I'll check Win 10 at the office tomorrow), so I dont feel its a programming issue, but an issue with your installation.

Id close PS and use the Repair Updates option from the Windows programs menu. Maybe a file got screwy during an update installation, this should dump all previous updates and install a new set.

repair22.jpg

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
kdaglobal
Level 3

Lisa - a million thanks! You are brilliant! This solution worked - I will share it in the FB group now.