Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rejected tax returns e-filed

Lizzy58
Level 1

There seems to be a common thread of rejected returns I have been filing.  My 2020 tax returns are being rejected when taxpayer is claiming unemployment income.  The rejection reason given is always the same.  taxpayers id# has already been filed and accepted by IRS.  Is anyone else having this issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I Efiled one yesterday that had Unemployment...he didnt want to wait for his refund, will pay me to amend later once the bill has passed and the software is updated to accommodate the exclusion.

"taxpayers id# has already been filed and accepted by IRS"

Has nothing to do with unemployment, this means someone already Efiled a return n that SSN,   If I started getting this message on a regular basis, Id be afraid my system had been compromised and someone was using my clients information to file fraudulent returns.

A call to PPS, Eservices and/or your cyber insurance carrier for advice on this situation may be warranted.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪