Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

efile rejected Error Code 54 Arkansas State Tax Returns

robbieldillon
Level 2

Can anyone assist, please??

Although ALL of the latest updates have been received and installed for all products, prior to attempting to efile any federal or state return, the ARKANSAS state return is rejected and only the Federal return is successfully transmitted.    An Error Code 54 is always received, regardless of the # of times I attempt to efile, even after REtrying to refresh updates, reboot entire system, etc. and nothing seems to work..     

The ProSeries website indicates the AR1000 for Full Year Arkansas residents is EF ready, although the proper name for this state tax form is AR1000F, as it is specifically identified and named in the ProSeries tax program software.

Even after 2+ hours on the phone today with Tech Support , I was now told NO ARKANSAS Tax Returns CAN be efiled until after February 10, even though this information completely contradicts what the ProSeries website indicates.   I understand 2/10 is the date ProSeries states will be the next release on some of the other AR forms, but the AR1000F for full year residents or AR1000 as ProSeries has referenced, is the 1 basic form used by any AR resident, that would have a need to file an AR return, even if no other form is needed.   

Thanks 

1 Comment 1
ascreel
Level 2

That is ridiculous!  Proseries needs to step up the game and fix ASAP.  All other software is able to efile Arkansas returns.

0 Cheers