Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized efile

gtcpa
Level 1

How can a tax return be converted,  submitted to ProSeries for e-filing,  sent to and accepted by IRS when there are numerous errors (15 to 20)  still unresolved?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
dkh
Level 15

If the Return Ready to EF  is selected and the Enable conversion error checking is unchecked  it is totally possible.       Cross our fingers it gets rejected 🤞

abctax55
Level 15

What *kind* of errors?

And what's your protocol for entering the date the client signs the e-doc?

Actually, what are your protocols in general?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Sounds like the file was copied over and replaced with a different unfinished version of the file.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
that many errors, it should have been bounced back by the tax agency for something.

mdtao31
Level 7

sounds like override error checking is checked

regards,LARRY

stay safe 

0 Cheers
gtcpa
Level 1

Error Conversion checking has never been turned off.  These returns were not submitted for efiling by me.  This is some sort of software issue.  I am the only person in my firm that even knows how to efile a return (only me and one other employee in company).  I considered if hacking had been done, but no info was changed.  Address & bank info was the same as prior year, nothing changed.

0 Cheers
gtcpa
Level 1

No, there was no information entered in the data file.  The clients had only been transferred.  See reply to previous post.

0 Cheers
gtcpa
Level 1

No, the override checking has always remained on.  I am the only person in firm that ever efiles returns.  I never uncheck the conversion error checking.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
so who Efiled it?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

What are your efling options set at ?    Tools>Options>Electronic Filing>Conversion/Transmission options  is the Only Transmit when Status is set to "Return Ready to EF"         

If not, then is it possible when you went into the EF center to select other returns to efile, this particular return was the one highlighted so then was accidentally included    Because you know when you get into the EF Center there is always a return highlighted  

gtcpa
Level 1

No one.  This is a software issue.  Beware!

0 Cheers
gtcpa
Level 1

No, I only filed one return, using efile now.  I did not go into the EF homepage. 

0 Cheers