Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refund advantage error

R18655
Level 1

When preparing returns where the filing status is "Head of Household" and using the Refund Advantage product an error occurs in the "Refund Advantage Processing Worksheet".  Specifically, the error appears in the Compliance Information section for the Spouse at line "ID Number".  Since there is no spouse for the Head of Household status there is no information to put in the PINK highlighted box.  The error goes away if any number or letter is typed in the Pink highlighted box, but is unclear if this "fix" will allow the return to actually e-file.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Intuit rarely, if ever, looks at these suggestions. 

I suspect it might be a good idea to contact Refund Advantage and let them know about the ProSeries error.  Intuit is more likely to make a change if Refund Advantage contacts them.

IntuitGabi

Thanks for sharing @R18655 & @TaxGuyBill. I'll be passing this feedback along. 

0 Cheers
Mattl
Level 1

I found the same issue @IntuitGabi . SIngle filer with no spouse filled in on the info sheet. Error on the RA worksheet ->  under compliance Information-> identification ID number. Any number or letter clears the error.

IntuitGabi

Thanks for your reporting. This investigation is addressed and resolved January 2024, if you continue to get an error like this, contact us and be sure send a sanitized file for further review. 

0 Cheers