Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Depreciation Report

ELS VA
Level 3

My first year.......

I have exhausted alll searches on how to print detail state depreciation reports for a pass thru entity? Help please.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ELS VA
Level 3

Ok. I had done that with Virginia so still unable to print VA Deprec. Sad. I had used my other software 25+ years and had to move due to PTET. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
dascpa
Level 11

You cannot.  Only if you use Fixed Asset Manager.

ELS VA
Level 3

WOW. Is that a separate software purchase? So we just trust State depreciation is correct?

dascpa
Level 11

It is a separate purchase unless you bundle it with the library purchase.  I never trust it the state depreciation schedule.  If not using FAM I run my own "decouple" schedule (for Maryland) to confirm both state depreciation as compared to Federal and to compare state gain/loss on disposals to Federal.

ELS VA
Level 3

How do you decouple? Mine is VA and is why I moved to Proseries....

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Decoupling means the state rules don't match the Fed rules.  So it's a state by state thing.  For example, in MD Section 179 is limited to $25,000 per year, unlike Federal which is $1,160,000 with some adjustments.  Maryland also has different bonus depreciation rules than Federal.  

On the Asset Entry Worksheet there is Federal up top and state(s) below.  Just make sure your state numbers conform to your state's rules.

0 Cheers
ELS VA
Level 3

Ok. I had done that with Virginia so still unable to print VA Deprec. Sad. I had used my other software 25+ years and had to move due to PTET. 

0 Cheers