Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get more time to focus on your clients with Practice Ignition????????????

IRonMaN
Level 15

So is Intuit telling us to torch our tax practice now?  I guess if I burnt my office to the ground that probably would give me a lot more time to focus on clients since I wouldn't have anything else to do.  I wonder if they charge you a Fast Gas Fee to start the fire.  

Slava Ukraini!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

21 Comments 21
abctax55
Level 15

MY practice isn't exactly what I'd like to torch.....

I know I'm old (get over it.. 😉 but this continuing Corporate double speak and the 're-inventing' of the wheel drives me bonkers.   How 'bout either fixing known issues, or going thru the suggestions list for improvements the peons have asked for before trying to impress us with *new & improved* **bleep** stuff?  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

If Intuit owned a car company, they would always be advertising the new high tech options that they offer for their cars.  Kinda like offering automatic parallel parking for their vehicles that have a tendency to have their wheels fall off every time you put the car in reverse. 😬

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

My head hurts. I think something was ignited without properly engaging the parking brake. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

How 'bout either fixing known issues, or going thru the suggestions list for improvement 

Yeah, I don't seem to remember this being a suggestions  that got 75 votes.

And of course it isn't free:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/app/apps/appdetails/practice_ignition/en-us/

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm guessing it got 75 votes from Intuit management 😀

(and I think they cheat counting to 75)

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

@George4Tacks wrote:

My head hurts. I think something was ignited without properly engaging the parking brake. 

Those are your brakes burning... and that's not clearly not a design problem but a user issue, they'd say...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

I'm guessing it got 75 votes from Intuit management 😀

(and I think they cheat counting to 75)

@IRonMaNThey didn't cheat, it was 75 as in 7 and 5.  This is another clear case of user problem for not understanding the application.  Don't you try to shift responsibility here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

And all those testimonials seem so heartfelt and real...  /S

( Generic Comment )"
BobKamman
Level 15

You must have read it wrong.  What they suggest is that you focus on your practice by torching your clients.  No humans are hurt during the fulfillment of this proposal.  Just go to the Intuit Shop (TM) and buy several dozen of the Client Voodoo Dolls.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Let me guess - there is an additional fee for the pins that go with the voodoo dolls?

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

And if you buy the Professional version, it will come with a process management tool that lets you automate the ignition and torching so that you can, again, focus on your clients.

Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure I even understand what they're selling...

"Prevent scope creep with suggested services and pricing templates". 

What is Scope Creep?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

"Scope Creep" (say it 10 times real fast) is a euphemism for, well, you know that TV series title "S______ Creek"?

itonewbie
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:

What is Scope Creep?

All jokes aside, that's when you provide services that may be beyond what should generally be included in the type of services for which your client has engaged you.  An example is when your tax return client calls you to discuss in some details advisory topics related to their situation.  Another common example could be that you priced your tax preparation services on the basis your clients would provide you with organized tax data/completed organizer but they end up sending you shoe-boxes with documents that need to be reviewed, compiled, and analyzed.

Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

On the old TA forum, we had a poster (actually a pseudonym for one of the best minds on that forum..) who's name was 'bracketcreep'.    And s/he put for a lot of effort to live up to that moniker with off topic posts.  It was hilarious (IMHO... 🙂

( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:

What is Scope Creep?

They are selling a detailed Engagement Letter that says specifically what you are being paid to do and what you are not being paid to do

So "Scope Creep" means you end up doing more work than you had originally bargained on.

For example, it says: I will do (a) for $300, (b) for $50 and (c) for a $50 for a total of $400.  If you want me to do anything else it will cost more, such as (d) it will cost you an additional $100 or (e) it will you an additional $60. 

And I would like to add:  If I send you an email with a list of questions and you respond by sending 1/2 of the answers, then a couple of weeks later 1/4 of the answers, then the next day you ask "Is my tax return done", it will double your fees.   😁

George4Tacks
Level 15
Why couldn't they just say that? So many words, so little information. Does Intuit offer a Creative Writing course?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Does Intuit offer a Creative Writing course?"

Yes they do.  It's taught by a guy named Scope Creep.  His friends just call him Creepy.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now-  - I too wondered what  scope creep was even after I Googled it.   lol      

IRonMaN
Level 15

You learn something new every day.  And this close to Halloween, you were bound to learn about something creepy.

I miss the good old days when all you had to worry about was little things like razor blades in your Halloween candy.  COVID certainly has delivered a whole to scary to Halloween. 👾

Slava Ukraini!
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

If Practice Ignition is truly combustible it may be the solution. Make sure your insurance premiums are paid.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround