Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPR

pacfanab
Level 2

I'm trying to do PPR on Proseries Professional and it continually is giving me a "parameter error" - then locks up the ProSeries and I have to use task manager to get out of it - Any ideas? I've already re-booted computer and updated proseries

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
dkh
Level 15

Are you adding from Tools  or when in return?   I only add when I'm ready to print a return -not had any problems. Although, last time I did that was in June - there have been program updates since then. 

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I just tried adding to my PPR balance and it worked fine.  I was in a 2020 1065 return.  Not that this helps you in any way....................

0 Cheers
Brian_Christian
Employee
Employee

Hello pacfanab,

Can you tell me more about this? What TaxYear were you working in and what was your path into PPR?

pacfanab
Level 2

I'm still getting this message, the only way I can Print PPR returns is to go and do the "manual" addition -- however when I go to the PPR screen it shows ... tax year 21 ...although it's allowing me to increase my balance that way..... is it possible that ProSeries 22 is saying "invalid parameter" because the "online" addition is seeing it says 21 ?? and I'm using 22? 

0 Cheers
racpa
Level 2

I am having the same issue!!

Using 2022 product.  When I try to manually update, it says the auth code is for 2021 tax year!!  Frustrating.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

A couple of weeks ago, I needed to add to PPR for 2020 and it indicated it was adding to 2021.  I called the support number listed for doing a manual entry.  Support person indicated that there are known issues with adding to PPR.  I did the transaction with her.  All was good, HOWEVER, why in the world wouldn't PS be sure this important feature was working.  

0 Cheers
Louis1
Level 2

I have the same issue. Just got off the phone was told they are working on it. When you try to manually add to your PPR balance through the website you get a privacy error. The only way to add is to call. 

0 Cheers