Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Charged PPR Fees

Susanaschreiner
Level 2

Hi All:

I do about 6 returns a year. For that I pay over $800 plus about $45/return more for all but one state (friends live in 5 states.) I am trying to print a PDF to send to a client, but it wants an additional $53 for each return to print it, and the usual $45 per state, even the state I have selected as my one. I have paid for the Basic 20 returns plus one state on 2/8/23. I have updated everything, and I have gone into tools to license product, where I get the message "ProSeries has successfully licensed your product." 

Has anyone else had to deal with getting charged for a product they paid for? Any advice would be appreciated!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Make sure youve downloaded and installed Basic, not Professional by accident, its easy to choose the wwrong one and happens often.

If your toolbar look like this, youre in Professional, you'll need to log back into your Intuit Account and download Basic, I think its below Professional on the Dashboard download screen.  This is a 2020 screen shot, but 2022 is the same.

protoolbar.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
itonewbie
Level 15

To make sure your question catches the attention of other ProSeries users, you should tag your question to ProSeries instead.

Right now, your post is tagged to ProConnect Tax, which is a completely different tax product that runs online and has a very different pricing structure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Susanaschreiner
Level 2

Thanks itonewbie! I will try and switch it over. It only gave me a handful of choices, and that was not one, and it's my first time posting. And this time it was there, so should be good now!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Just a wild guess, is that a business return?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Susanaschreiner
Level 2

Nope, just a MFJ 1040. And it's trying to charge me for all my returns. All 1040s. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- Hi, Lisa, would you have any idea?  Thanks!

Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Make sure youve downloaded and installed Basic, not Professional by accident, its easy to choose the wwrong one and happens often.

If your toolbar look like this, youre in Professional, you'll need to log back into your Intuit Account and download Basic, I think its below Professional on the Dashboard download screen.  This is a 2020 screen shot, but 2022 is the same.

protoolbar.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Susanaschreiner
Level 2

OMG! I do think that is it. I am going to go drown myself now. 😄 And here I was loving the new set-up and thinking how much better it was!

But can I do the full program on a PPR without having to pay some big licensing fee? It would be so much cheaper to pay $55-$100 per return!

Thank you so much. I cannot believe I did that. But I kept going to the site and it kept saying I had paid. Live and learn!

0 Cheers
Susanaschreiner
Level 2

And I was able to pull the returns from the Pro version, so no work lost!

Thank you again!