Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA STATE RETURN REVIEW ERROR

Torrellis
Level 2

I can't get rid of this State Final Review error regarding Qualified educator expenses. My client doesn't have these expenses. Here is the error message: "Deductions Statement: Educator Smart Wks Ln B-SP should not have a value based on your filing status." There is no Spouse  and I have tried updating the software to no avail. Please help.

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its been reported.  Just disable error checking at conversion for the time being, until they can get it fixed. You need to EF from the EFCenter, (not a clients return) to find this option.

errorchecking.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
cyoung
Level 2

Ok, I see now.  This is a good workaround for sure!  Thanks for sharing.

House
Level 3

Same issue here.  I tried the work around.  It efiled.  We will see if it approves and they get their refund.

cpn
Level 3

got the federal efiled, but how do I disable the state so it can be efiled?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

From the EFCenter, highlight the state return then click EFNow and uncheck the box for error checking
errorchecking.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Dusty2
Level 7

Per the IRS you should not e-file any Virginia returns until they give guidance on the Inflation Relief payment your taxpayer received.

Dusty

captainb
Level 2

i HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.  My client does NOT have a spouse and is not an EDUCATOR..  we need a fix!!!!!

MCMaez1
Level 1

Is this for the desktop version? I can't find EF Center in the online software

0 Cheers