Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form 8915-f

jbdaigle1102
Level 3

I have a client who pulled a retirement distribution in 2020 and chose to average it over the 3 year span.

At this time I do not even see the form 8915-f  listed in the forms for proseries.   Can anyone offer direction / guidance as to how to get this portion of the distribution to flow into the return?

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
dkh
Level 15

This has been a hot topic on the forum.  If you have, time scroll through posts for the last week. There have been some interesting threads on the 8915-F.    We have to wait for the release of 8915-F which is anticipated mid-March.

dkh
Level 15

As @Just Lisa Now  has suggested in several posts, if you need to calculate tax liability for your client you could enter this years amount on 1099R for now.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

At this time can I say that I am a very, very happy camper that I didn't have any clients that elected to spread the tax over three years.  Now If I don't have any clients come in that need a 2210 for a couple of more weeks, I am going to go out and buy myself a lottery ticket. 💰💰

Slava Ukraini!
Jamierac
Level 4

I would not even transfer the client until this form is released.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, you just know that is going to be the next issue popping up after the form is finally ready.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

For the latest on 8915 please take a look at this article: Generating Form 8915 in ProSeries
The article will be updated if we have new information. 

0 Cheers