Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form 4136

Bindy
Level 1

Any update on getting form 4136 approved quicker...farmers are due 3/1 and proseries is saying 3/31 for final form....that can't be happening, we need to keep these returns moving.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

It looks like it moved up to 2/17 for release, which is wonderful news.  I think Intuit can only do what they can in order to make efficient software and still try to please the majority in form release. 

That being said, I see form 1310 is delayed till mid-March.  Not much calculation going on with that form.  Same with 1040 estimated taxes (pretty simple: name, ss# and amount).  2022 estimated tax payments have nothing to do with 2021 return.  At least nobody is clamoring about 8915-F this morning.  Everybody must be sleeping in.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

The form works, (I did one, but haven't filed yet.)

I am going to call and ask my client Monday to find out if he wants to give up the $36 in order to file now, rather than wait a month or so. 

If it was a large amount and a farmer who owed I would probably recommend to them that we file without, and amend later.

When doing the return review you get the message that says "the form was not released by the IRS in time to be included in this update" (or something like that.) Date on IRS instructions is 12-15-20

0 Cheers