Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFIN Registration

MARYNAV
Level 3

I am getting an error message that I have to register my EFIN with Intuit.  When I go to my account it has the following:

EFIN***394ApprovedTuesday, Sep 29, 2015 at 08:00pm EDT
Success! Your EFIN submission has been approved/confirmed and you are authorized to eFile.

So why am I getting that error message if this is the message under my account regarding my EFIN #??  I really don't want to send all of the documentation requested if my EFIN is registered.  Is this a glitch in the system?

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
sjrcpa
Level 15

I think you have to do it more often than 6 years.

Ex-AllStar
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Did you change the business name EFIN is associated with?

And is the message really for verifying your PTIN with Intuit?

MARYNAV
Level 3

I haven't changed anything.  Name, address or EFIN associated with them.  

The error message that comes up when I try to e-file the return says "The preparer on this return has a PTIN that has not been verified.  Return conversion failed."

Someone earlier said you have to do it more often than 6 years.

If no one else is having this problem then I guess I have to send all the documentation they are requesting.  Doing returns anymore has turned into one issue after another.

sewcpa
Level 5

Look under the preparer tab (in options)

There is a box to check that you confirmed the PTIN. right above the credentials for you

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You havent checked the PTIN verification box in the Preparer Information section.  Go into TOOLS > Options> Firm/Prepare Information

ptinverify.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
MARYNAV
Level 3

You both are exactly correct.  I just got off the phone with Intuit and he walked me through that and that box was not checked "PTIN verified correct".  I don't think I have ever had to do that before, but who knows.  Thanks for all the input.  I appreciate it.  I checked the box and my first return of the year went through.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Today is brought to you by the letter P.   E hosted last week ----------- there is a difference. 

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
it was new last year. Its always a good idea to run through your preparer information each year when you install the program, just to verify that everything is as expected. That little checkbox glows pink until checked.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Well the other person answering was to your original question which stated EFIN was being questioned.  I just guessed you meant PTIN.  We help better when you give details and exact error message.  E-file away and be happy now.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I don't believe that the 6 years is correct. Until I moved in 2021 I had not updated anything since about 2004 or 2005, the last time I changed addresses.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't recall having to update in recent memory either.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers