Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 4136

nancy4
Level 3

Does anyone know when ProSeries will have Form 4136 on Form 1120S updated?  When I look at Forms information and it says EF, Ready.  I'm trying to be patient but it's holding up some S-Corps.

Thank you

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
dascpa
Level 11

Unless it's on the Forms Release or an Alert how would we know?  Maybe someone called and got through and the rep in Pakistan or India understood the question and gave an answer - - - but I highly doubt it.  I'm waiting on tons of returns with software problems that will probably be released at the last moment.  A year of frustration.

nancy4
Level 3

I'm sorry you're having such a bad tax season. Most of us can relate.

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

The last good year was 1982, before we did tax returns on the computer.

dkh
Level 15

Wonder why not ready for 1120S but it can be efiled with 1040 ?

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Wonder why not ready for 1120S but it can be efiled with 1040 ?"

It's Intuit - the 9th Wonder of the World".

Slava Ukraini!
nancy4
Level 3

I wonder that, too.  But even though it's okay on the Federal 1040, the MD individual return won't go because it says waiting for Federal update of Form 4136 (different client)

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Have you tried filling out the 4136, overriding the credit on the 1120S, and attaching a PDF of the 4136, then try to efile? (Might have to turn off error checking).

That's how we had to do it years ago before ProSeries even included the 4136.

Might be worth a try just for kicks. No downside if it doesn't go through other than a few minutes of your time.