Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esignature

jesmithjr86
Level 3

I am using esignature this year for the first time.  Having issues with the first 2 clients and tried using this feature with.  The first client there is a taxpayer and spouse on the return.  I requested esignature and it only asked me for one email address.  I used the taxpayers email address. When the taxpayer received the email and attempted to complete the doc sign it wanted a signature for the spouse also.  So confused.

The second client is the first clients daughter.  It kicked an email back to me authentication failed with no explanation why.

Any guidance or help resolving these two esignature issues would be greatly appreciated.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
GodFather
Level 8

On the H/W...I believe you have to enter an email address for both of them.  That allows PS to send an esignature request to each. 

As for the daughter, if you entered her email address in the info works, it should send an esig to her.  Not sure why it would kick back.  Are you sure the reject is not for the spouse?

0 Cheers
Marsha2020
Level 4

You will need to enter an email address for both.  The primary gets the first email, signs and then a second email is sent to spouse for her signature.  For the dependent, could be under age 18 or that the answers to the security questions were wrong.  

0 Cheers