Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed today by Intuit Support re: hours of operation...

acuny
Level 3

Now, I know folks are human and sometimes, the unexpected happens - so don't think I'm not taking this into account before posting this. I know that anything can happen - inclement conditions, COVID outbreaks, etc. This link shows Intuit Support hours for today (Saturday) are from 8 am to 4 pm.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/order-products-from-intuit/help/how-to-contact-proseries-for...

When you call, you get a message that the offices are currently closed and it refers me to their website (see above) for their business hours. (Just taking a sanity check: the page above notes that it was updated 2 weeks ago, so it is not old info, and if you scroll to the bottom of this page and click "Contact ProSeries Tax Support", you get taken to this exact link.) My disappointment lies in part because, as I do this work part-time with the majority of my work done on weekends, I now have to wait to get my issue addressed. It's not an emergency, so there's that. It seems customary and would have been appropriate for an organization of this size to have modified the message that plays to the caller to include non-standard hours information when this applies. That's all. Does anyone have a bead on why they may have been closed today or is the web link just incorrect? Thanks.

7 Comments 7
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Sadly, even if they were open, it is usually a rather long wait and the customer support is frequently not very helpful.

It is anything that we (fellow users of the software) may be able to help you with?

acuny
Level 3

TaxGuyBill,

As I mentioned, it was not urgent - in fact, it was not service-affecting - just a display issue I posted elsewhere. It was confirmed as happening on another user's install but has no impact other than in a particular view. I appreciate the question and the offer! It is great that there are so many helpful people out there! Thanks!

IRonMaN
Level 15

As a side note, you were aware that the times listed are Pacific time?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This is why we cant get someone to answer the phone.  The DIYers are clogging up the lines!

notturbotax.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
acuny
Level 3

DOH!

"*All hours listed are in Pacific Time and all hours are subject to change without notice."

And there it is. IRonMaN, TaxGuyBill, and Just-Lisa-Now-... sorry for wasting your time. BTW, IRonMaN, after I saw your post, I called in, spoke to someone immediately, got transferred to Application Support who picked up immediately, they confirmed the issue and reported it to Development. So, that's that. (May actually have been my shortest call to support - EVER!)

So, back to work! Hope you all have an amazing day! Thanks for your time and replies!

rcooley25
Level 11

I guess proseries is not the only one who is messed up.

@acuny Following up on this, did you try calling again? Were you able to get through?