I used Taxwise Online for 2020. Switching to ProSeries for 2021. I do not have Taxwise for 2021 (desktop or online). I do not have Taxwise desktop for 2020.
I thought I could export the 2020 data from taxwise online. This is supported for use with Taxwise desktop, however I cannot get ProSeries to import the exported files.
Any help will be appreciated. thanks.
If you can create a backup of your data - MAYBE.
I know they don't easily do conversion from any of the online programs. If you call support, they MAY BE able to help you. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/order-products-from-intuit/help/how-to-contact-proseries-for...
Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
As Lisa mentioned and included, there is a link that provides information on how to transfer data from your previous vendor program. I am new to ProSeries and transferred information from ATX. The process was simple, efficient, and quick. I now have to go in and make sure the data transferred correctly. I know some information will not automatically transfer based on the information ProSeries provided.
Here are the steps specific to TaxWise. Good luck.
How do I backup my data for conversion?
- Create a new folder on your C: drive named ConversionData before you begin the backup process (for example, C:\ConversionData).
- Open the TaxWise program.
- On the Tools menu, select Backup to Disk.
- In the Backup Options dialog box, select Start a new backup, then select OK.
- In the Select User dialog box, select the folder containing the clients you want, then select OK.
- If you select multiple folders, a separate Backing Up From dialog box appears for each folder. You'll need to repeat steps 7–8 for each folder selected.
- In the Backing Up From dialog box, select Select All.
- Select OK.
- In the following dialog, set the drive and directory to C:\ConversionData.
- Select OK.
- On the File menu, select Open Return.
- In the Return List window, select Export.
- In the Return Grid Output dialog, set the following:
- Export Type as Comma Separated Values (.CSV)
- Export Folder to C:\ConversionData
- Export Filename to ReturnGridExport
- Select Export.