Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Conversion from Taxwise Online

VernonX
Level 3

I used Taxwise Online for 2020. Switching to ProSeries for 2021. I do not have Taxwise for 2021 (desktop or online). I do not have Taxwise desktop for 2020.

I thought I could export the 2020 data from taxwise online. This is supported for use with Taxwise desktop, however I cannot get ProSeries to import the exported files. 

Any help will be appreciated. thanks.  

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think Intuit has to do the conversion for you.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/proseries/data-conversion/

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
George4Tacks
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/convert-data-files/help/taxwise-backup-instructions-for-data...

If you can create a backup of your data - MAYBE.

I know they don't easily do conversion from any of the online programs. If you call support, they MAY BE able to help you. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/order-products-from-intuit/help/how-to-contact-proseries-for...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Even with TT Online, you have to open the online file in TT Desktop and resave it in order to import it into ProSeries.

You may be outta luck, but call support just to make sure.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
VernonX
Level 3

Well, I chatted with TW Support. Turns out you can import from 2020 TW online into 2020 TW desktop. It keeps the whole federal tax return. My next step will be to see if the conversion works.

0 Cheers
GodFather
Level 8

As Lisa mentioned and included, there is a link that provides information on how to transfer data from your previous vendor program.  I am new to ProSeries and transferred information from ATX.  The process was simple, efficient, and quick.  I now have to go in and make sure the data transferred correctly.  I know some information will not automatically transfer based on the information ProSeries provided.  

Here are the steps specific to TaxWise.  Good luck.

How do I backup my data for conversion?

1. Create a new folder on your C: drive named ConversionData before you begin the backup process (for example, C:\ConversionData).
  2. Open the TaxWise program.
  3. On the Tools menu, select Backup to Disk.
  4. In the Backup Options dialog box, select Start a new backup, then select OK.
  5. In the Select User dialog box, select the folder containing the clients you want, then select OK.
    • If you select multiple folders, a separate Backing Up From dialog box appears for each folder. You'll need to repeat steps 7–8 for each folder selected.
  6. In the Backing Up From dialog box, select Select All.
  7. Select OK.
  8. In the following dialog, set the drive and directory to C:\ConversionData.
  9. Select OK.
  10. On the File menu, select Open Return.
  11. In the Return List window, select Export.
  12. In the Return Grid Output dialog, set the following:
    • Export Type as Comma Separated Values (.CSV)
    • Export Folder to C:\ConversionData
    • Export Filename to ReturnGridExport
  13. Select Export.
VernonX
Level 3

I've apparently successfully imported my data. Process went well, need to verify result.