Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Client Files

S_Hutch
Level 1

I am having issues importing 2020 files into ProSeries 2021. When I import and try to open in ProSeries 2021, I get an error message which reads "Unable to read the data. Exit program and try again. For more information or help, click here. Error code: [10250]." The link takes me to this page - Troubleshooting ProSeries error when opening clients - "Unable to read the data. Exit program and tr... . 

My files are on a network drive. I have this issue with multiple computers. Prior to today, I never had a problem. I called tech support and was given a workaround. This consists of me moving the file to another location (the desktop), renaming the file, and then opening the file. It works, but I am curious as to what is causing the issue. I can move the file back to the same drive, and the file can be read without a hitch. I have already uninstalled the program and reinstalled on two PCs, but the issue persists.