Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2021 company file Data into ProSeries 2022 1120S client

Edward727
Level 2

Is anyone having an issue with this? "Can't connect with Quickbooks" error message.  Tech Support not helpful.

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
SSACCOUNT
Level 1

I am having the same exact issue and spent 3 hours on the phone with tech support with no help, and all prior Pro Series softwares i was able to import the QB data with no problem, were you able to fix this problem?

0 Cheers
SSACCOUNT
Level 1

They told us QB databases should be local on same PC that Proseries is running. No matter what they are saying if you put on analitics Proseries does not import from Quickbooks if Quickbooks is not open locally on the current company file you will import from. So this is completed innacurated. We buy this piece of software just because the ability to import from QB, if not what is the point. Hope that be initial of year and things are starting to fire up we expect a los of updates as always.

We will keep calling until speak with a supervisor capable to have the experience to fix the issue

0 Cheers
Edward727
Level 2

Just tried to import from QB Desktop 2021 (after today's new 'update' in ProSeries) - I see that the "Import from QB Online has been updated but still same error for Desktop import "Can't establish connection with Quickbooks"....this has to be impacting a lot of ProSeries/Intuit clients - when Will they fix????

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you updated QuickBooks to the 22 version? 
Also see the articles Resolving QuickBooks Import errors
Updating ProSeries tax return with QuickBooks data I hope this helps! 

0 Cheers
Edward727
Level 2

According to Pro Series Tech Support (they e-mailed me an article) the QB Desktop Pro 21 is still compatible with the 2022 ProSeries software - no need to upgrade to 22.  This is the first year I've run into this problem & I'm pretty sure it has something to do with PS introducing import compatibility with QB OnLine

0 Cheers
Edward727
Level 2

From the article -

For example, ProSeries 2022 can only import from QuickBooks 2021, 2022 and 2023.

0 Cheers
SSACCOUNT
Level 1

I spoke to Proseries supervisor and he explained that the reason this is happening is because the Quickbooks 2021 is 32 bit and Proseries 2023 is 64 bit that is the reason the import is not successful 

0 Cheers
Edward727
Level 2

Did the supervisor say that ProSeries will try to create a fix for this issue?  I tried calling QuickBooks Tech support and they had no solution - it's on the ProSeries side.

0 Cheers
roddooley
Level 2

After years of frustration with issues relating to the import (data source location, inability to map on accountant copy so that mapping stays with the file, etc), we implemented a new product that we found at www.accountingcrunch.net.  It links with QB desktop and online versions to create an importable trial balance file.  Once mapping is completed initially, the mapping hold for future years.  It has grossly reduced key time on the business return processing.

0 Cheers