Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding K2 & K3 Exception to filing. Is there a way to make a statement on the returns that "Qualified for exception to filing Schedule K2 & K3"? Or a box to check that will attach the statement?

jimgaycpa
Level 1

99% of my 1120S/1065 clients will not be required to file the K2/3 because they don't have foreign activity.  I sat in on a CCH webinar yesterday that suggested we don't have to prepare the Forms K2/3 if that is the case, but also suggested we attach a statement saying they qualified for exception to filing.  I cannot find a statement to that affect in the elections area, or a way to "universally" attachment a misc statement to that affect, without having to attach it to every one individually.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I wouldn't worry about it, as no one at irs would even read it

jimgaycpa
Level 1

No one there will read it...until they need to and it's not there...

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

I posted a week ago an adaption I made from the Natl Assoc of Tax Professions (I'm not a member).  Search this board and see if it fits your needs.

jimgaycpa
Level 1

Thanks.  I'm not so much looking for the verbiage, as a convenient way to post the verbiage for the exclusion.  Hoping the Proseries would add a box to check?!?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

The statement is not a suggestion. It is required per the K-2 instructions.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15