Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a client that hasn't filed returns for 2019,2020, & 2021 - Can I file the returns all at once(in 1 day)??

Amante
Level 2

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GodFather
Level 8

dkh...I just did the very same thing this year.  I had a client who hadn't filed for 19', 20', 21'.  I completed 21' by the due date.  I then completed 19', efiled it and waited for the approval before submitting 20'.  It's probably meaningless to do it that way but I didn't know how the stimulus payments may impact things in 20'.  

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can file them all filed in one hour if you can get them done that quickly.

Slava Ukraini!
GodFather
Level 8

How about a half-hour?

dkh
Level 15

You can.  I've had two years done at same time.  I waited until oldest year is efiled and accepted before I sent the next year but that's just me and my personal preference.

GodFather
Level 8

dkh...I just did the very same thing this year.  I had a client who hadn't filed for 19', 20', 21'.  I completed 21' by the due date.  I then completed 19', efiled it and waited for the approval before submitting 20'.  It's probably meaningless to do it that way but I didn't know how the stimulus payments may impact things in 20'.  

linette
Level 5

If there are things on one year that carryforward to the next year....

for example: refund being applied forward

You may want to wait and stagger filing so that the system can process and carryforward correctly.

I am in Oregon and have had problems with state returns when I file all at the same time.

Amante
Level 2

Thank-you for your input!

0 Cheers