Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reject: Error X0000-005: The XML data has failed schema validation

sfmeliss
Level 3

Tried amending a 2022 individual yesterday and getting the following reject error code. 

Reject: Error X0000-005: The XML data has failed schema validation. cvc-minInclusive-valid. Value '-1048' is not facet-valid with respect to minInclusive '0' for type 'USAmountNNType'.

I have called Lacerte 3 times, they have reloaded 2022 program and had me resubmit return.  The fact that I have to call them 3 times and now take time to post this question is ridiculous, they should have a webpage which shows all reject errors they are currently working on so I don't have to waste time posting to see if anyone else is experiencing this.  

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
abctax55
Level 15

As has been discussed in a previous thread, this is a known issue.  The IRS changed the schema on prior years and either didn't tell Intuit or more likely, Intuit missed the memo.

You'll have to wait for an update.

Pretty damned sad support doesn't know this.

@IntuitGabi -  maybe get the folks that answer the phones up to speed on this?????

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

Someone just reported PS had fixed the issue.  I'm not sure about Lacerte; I suggest you do make sure you have to software fully updated (tho I'm sure support ran you thru that drill).

( Generic Comment )"
sfmeliss
Level 3

Yes ran through everything yesterday actually with Lacerte without them mentioning it was on the IRS side.  How hard would it be for Intuit to have a webpage dedicated to ongoing issues so its not a search and rescue mission for the customer?  

IntuitGabi

Thanks @sfmeliss @abctax55 

2022 IND US E-file Reject Error X0000-005 has been reported and looking to resolve in the next release. I'll keep this thread updated.

Bookmark Lacerte Trending Topics Page to stay up to date for this tax season. 

qbteachmt
Level 15

"they should have a webpage which shows all reject errors"

The IRS originates the business rule errors. You can google:

X0000-005

The IRS maintains the XML and maintains the Known Issues here: https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/known-issues-and-solutions

Unless you are a programmer, you aren't going to want to care much, though. Without knowing more about the form 1040 package you are working on, here's what I find for 2022:

1065 and 8865 Schedules K-2 and K-3, Part IV, Section 3, Lines 14A - 14F uses efileType USAmountNNType (non-negative values).

If adjustments result in negative values for Part IV, Section 3, Lines 14A - 14F, report these amounts in a separate statement attached to your return.

Projected resolution date: 1/1/2025

And for "cvc-minInclusive-valid. Value '-1048' is not facet-valid with respect to minInclusive '0' for type 'USAmountNNType'" from the XML: cvc-minInclusive-valid – The number in quotes, shown after the word ‘Value’ is less than the smallest acceptable number.

Here's an example scenario.

Value '-19158' is not facet-valid with respect to minInclusive '0' for type 'USAmountNNType'.

The number shown after ‘minInclusive’ (0) is the smallest acceptable number. A negative number is less than zero and not permitted.

If you have more error output (as a debug), the Xpath will identify the form as 8582 and the Rental Realty Loss Limit Amount Field/Xpath:/efile:Return[1]/efile:ReturnData[1]/efile:IRS8582[1]/efile:RentalRealtyLossLimitAmt[1]

In this example, look on Form 8582 for the number “-19158” and correct it by entering a zero or positive number.

So, you have a 1048 loss that doesn't seem to be valid in its position.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
sfmeliss
Level 3

Here is entire error code:

Reject: Error X0000-005: The XML data has failed schema validation. cvc-minInclusive-valid. Value '-1048' is not facet-valid with respect to minInclusive '0' for type 'USAmountNNType'.

Form: 0(00)
Field: (/efile:Return[1]/efile:ReturnData[1]/efile:IRS5695[1]/efile:RsdntlEnergyEffcntPropCrGrp[1])
Occurrence: 00000(0001)

I looked at IRS website and there are no 2022 issues with Form 5695 and no negative numbers for input.  

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

As has been discussed in a previous thread, this is a known issue.  The IRS changed the schema on prior years and either didn't tell Intuit or more likely, Intuit missed the memo.

You'll have to wait for an update. 

Did you see this post in the thread?   The issue is with Intuit, NOT with the IRS.  So only Intuit can fix it with an update.

( Generic Comment )"
sfmeliss
Level 3

Thanks.

Again if Intuit (Lacerte in my case) would have a webpage that was dedicated to issues currently being worked on I wouldn't need to spend my time calling two days ago, working with IT support to reload program and then going through sending out something to Community and finding out "it was mentioned in a previous thread".  This "system" is not efficient. 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I don't disagree.

Coming here before going to support is always advisable, but it does require reading all that is posted as sometimes the info isn't directly on point.

It is sad, very very sad, that support is so d*mned clueless.

@IntuitGabi   Could you, please, discuss with the powers that be, that at a MINIMUM support is made aware of all *known* issues ???  Is that really too much to ask?  

( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

"The IRS changed the schema on prior years and either didn't tell Intuit or more likely, Intuit missed the memo."

Exactly. What I saw is that the naming scheme changed for 2022, but Intuit might not have put this in place. It's covered in that IRS listing excel, under resolved issues (the second page in that workbook) and you can see it yourself by looking at the title of Form 5695 for 2021 compared to 2022.

"Form 5695 for Tax Year 2022 was revised to rename the Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit to Residential Clean Energy Credit and the Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit to Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit."

"Business Rules will be updated in early PY2023."

Resolved 4/20/2023

As I noted, a programmer needs to follow up on data flow and field names, once notified of changes in naming, line numbers, etc. It is likely Intuit has something stored and forgot to check if it needed to be updated, even if not changed for that taxpayer.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Yes. 2022 IND US E-file Reject Error X0000-005 has been reported and looking to resolve in 2022 January 31, 2024 (Version 44.0131). 

Continue to check on trending topics page for more. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Which was yesterday @IntuitGabi 

Ex-AllStar