Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Monitor Forms Down?

Michael Suite
Level 1

When I click on the pop out forms from the detail screen to load Forms view on my other monitor - I keep receiving an error crash report when I move from form to form.  When just using 1 screen going from detail to forms without popping it out, that works. Its the pop out screen where it appears to be broken. Multiple users in the office all are experiencing this issue.

50 Comments 50
NaplesChad34103
Level 3

Lacerte has been having some MAJOR issues across the entire country today.  it looks like they just pushed an update, hopefully that is the solution

rrbcpa
Level 2

I am having this same issue as well. It started early this morning for me. I closed the program and tried to re-open it. That's when I started getting the "can't validate your credentials" message. I called Lacerte and reported both problems. I can log in again, but am still getting the crash report when I try to move from screen to screen. 

I figured out a work-around. If you have the forms view up on your original monitor, you can then move around in the forms view on your second monitor without getting the crash report. 

Coralee
Level 2

The same thing is happening to us today.  Hope they fix it soon!

rrbcpa
Level 2

Update to my answer. I can move from form to form on my original monitor. I still get the crash report on my second monitor most of the time. Looks like I'll be operating on one monitor until they push out an update to fix this.

Amajane285
Level 3

We are having this issue as well.  Not able to use this feature at all right now!

LQCMpls
Level 3

6  pm Central and this is still a problem.  No form pop out and error messages galore.  The split screen kind of works but also occasionally crashed/freezes the program.  We have tried every single update/display reset/reload/reinstall/reboot/repair that we can think of with no fix.

When we called about the problems at 10 am this morning, we were told to expect it to be fixed in about 1 hour.

It would be FANTASTIC if Lacerte would use the banner notification function to let people know what the progress of the fix is, which would avoid (1) our staff wasting time tryin to fix it or waiting on hold with Lacerte and (2) free up Lacerte customer service resources for all the the people having to answer these questions all day.  

If anyone has sucess, please share.

rrbcpa
Level 2

I called them about 2 hours ago after the most recent update came out and didn't fix the problem. They acknowledged that they are still working on it. At this point, the only suggestion I have is to use the forms view on your original monitor, not the pop-out forms monitor. It works fine for me on my original monitor. It's a pain because I can't look at the detail and the forms at the same time, but at least the program isn't throwing error messages and freezing.

I suspect that the only way we'll know that it's been fixed is to keep checking for updates and installing it when it's pushed out.

pdevries
Level 1

We are having the same issue.  This is a huge problem...  This is the time of year I use this feature more than any other time.

LQCMpls
Level 3

I called this morning (3/25 Sat 10 am Central) to check in on the progress.  The service rep looked up the issue and let me know (1) it is a know as a reported problem and (2) that the next scheduled update is set for March 30th.   In asking for clarification to that response, he confirmed there was nothing to indicate that they were prioritizing this as a problem that needed a resolution ASAP.  This was in contrast to the message the day before that they expected to fix it quickly.

I asked him to pass along to the tech/resolution team that we consider this a critical problem.  (If this forum is monitored **bleep** is also making the program unstable.  Although split screen view is accessible, it also seems to freeze up and lag.  The pop-out view definitely locks the program up and requires a close/reopen to get back to work.  

LQCMpls
Level 3

"bleep" is apparently an edit if the response is too long?    Insert - if anyone from Lacerte Customers service is monitoring this thread, please also note this feedback.

Michael Suite
Level 1

Are you kidding me?!?! March 30 when they do their regular update? The whole reason I made this post was to help bring attention to another broken item to their attention with the sign in and e-signatures issues yesterday since they did a random update. Intuit is really enjoying playing with our emotions.

I saw others with *BLEEP* - never knew what it meant, but lately I want to use *BLEEP* words to describe Intuit

Definitely still happening today (Sunday, March 26).

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Another classic example of Intuit's philosophy of if it ain't broke, let's tinker with to screw 'it' up at the worst possible time.   I guess asking for a refund or "FREE" software to compensate for the fact that what we paid for isn't work is futile ? /S

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
bsshaon
Level 1

Same here - still not fixed. 

NaplesChad34103
Level 3

Sunday 3/26- pop out forms still unusable down here in Florida

really slows down progress having to switch back and forth

vhamlin
Level 2

I'm still having the issue today also. It's extremely frustrating

sconnolly74
Level 2

Still having this issue. All of my users use this feature, and this couldn't really have happened at a worse time. It's obvious it was broken after an update so lets get it back to how it was before you broke it Lacerte. ASAP.

daniel4019
Level 1

Still no fix. I called customer service and the gent I spoke to hadn't even heard about this issue. So zero communication to customer service about this issue at Intuit? 

0 Cheers
Carmel
Level 1

We have initiated multiple updates hoping to fix this issue. This is ridiculous and we have to bill our clients for Lacerte's inefficiency. Taking the time to go back and forth is not acceptable. If you offer this as part of the program, please make sure it works.

sconnolly74
Level 2

In case anyone else isnt looped in these emails. I just got this update today.

Below is the latest update:

2022 Forms Pop-Out View Encounters Send/Don\'t Send Errors When Opening and During Use

This unexpected behavior has been reported to development for further review. Status updates will be provided via email. (See scheduled email status update below)

Our next update is currently scheduled to occur on or before: 03/30/23

We thank you for your patience.
Intuit Customer Success

Amajane285
Level 3

How do you subscribe to these emails?

0 Cheers
sconnolly74
Level 2

They added me when I called on Friday.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Thanks for the update @sconnolly74 

Understandably this is frustrating. We're investigating this and will keep this thread updated on "2022 Forms Pop-Out View Encounters Send/Don\'t Send Errors When Opening and During Use" 

Amajane285
Level 3

Pleasa add link to that thread?  I can't find it.  Thank you!

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

We'll keep an eye on this thread we're on now, @Amajane285 .

For more Lacerte News and Updates, click here.
Remember, you can also subscribe to the "News and Updates" board and get notified of posts via email. 
See this help article: Stay informed with account and product changes.

0 Cheers

It is frustrating that this is still a problem and Intuit sends out an message that says "SOLVED" . . . with no solution.  Just more disconnect between a software company and its customers.  How they could mess this essential function up now is surprising . . . even for Intuit.

LQCMpls
Level 3

As pointed out by "Bill M 123456789" , the thread "2022 Forms Pop-Out View Encounters Send/Don\'t Send Errors When Opening and During Use" is now closed because it has been labeled "SOLVED." 

The link to see the "solution" dead-ends on the same thread.    The problem is certainly not solved.  There is no actual software update, nor is there an information update.  Intuit has made an already frustrating situation MORE frustrating.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/investigating-2022-forms... 

abctax55
Level 15

@IntuitGabi 

WHY on god's green earth do you step in and mark "solved" on a thread that involves another software screw-up by Intuit THAT IS NOT SOLVED???

Is just to prevent more negative comments about Intuit's lack of responsiveness to these issues?  Are you getting brownie points, hitting that quota (that you deny exists) to keep social media stats happy, or what.  Hopefully you, or someone at Intuit, also monitors the LTUG group.  Folks are not happy, and as it is a privately maintained forum (AND, one you do have to prove credentials as a tax pro so post in...what a novel idea) - you can't lock that one down.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
pdevries
Level 1

0 Cheers
rrbcpa
Level 2

No, it is not. I just downloaded the update and am getting the same error message on the pop-out forms screen.

brucewayne
Level 1

Same here.  The error still persists, and it's hurting my productivity.  I hate paying so much money for buggy, often broken software.

0 Cheers
davidsteve
Level 3

March 30 for solution>????

0 Cheers
vhamlin
Level 2

I'm still having the issue also. Definitely not fixed.

0 Cheers
mikeo1
Level 2

We are having the same problem. Frustrating

0 Cheers
StormFS
Level 2

They gave me a case number and that is it! I am beyond frustrated.  What software is everyone looking at for next year?

brucewayne2
Level 1

Exactly.  That would be good to know.

0 Cheers
amacpa
Level 3

very frustrating indeed. My work around, albeit its not as good,  along the top bar > VIEW >  Detail/Form Split View.

depending on your monitors set up it can be to the side or the bottom

StormFS
Level 2

Thank you! this is sure better then nothing

0 Cheers
tpherson
Level 3

This is really bad, they need to fix this ASAP.  Its a basic functionality of the software, and not having it really affects productivity.  

This really is a major issue and should not have to wait for the regular updates to be pushed to address the problem  

kimalah
Level 1

STILL no fix?

0 Cheers
sconnolly74
Level 2

I have seen no ETA on a fix. It's now been a full week. 😕 My users are not happy and this happening during the rush before Tax Day. I would like to hear a fix will be included with today's update but I have not heard that.

0 Cheers
sconnolly74
Level 2

minutes after I posted this, I got an email update and it's identical to the one I posted earlier in this thread. No, mention of a definitive fix still. 

2022 Forms Pop-Out View Encounters Send/Don\'t Send Errors When Opening and During Use

This unexpected behavior has been reported to development for further review. Status updates will be provided via email. (See scheduled email status update below) For more information related to this investigation, click Here

Our next update is currently scheduled to occur on or before: 03/30/23

We thank you for your patience.

LQCMpls
Level 3

FIXED with today's (March 30) update.

NaplesChad34103
Level 3

it seems to have done the trick for me as well!

sconnolly74
Level 2

Great news!! I'm really glad they came through. 😊

rrbcpa
Level 2

Hallelujah! It's now working for me, too.

Still not working for me, after restarting.  Anyone have any other ideas?  Restart again?  🙄

0 Cheers
rrbcpa
Level 2

Did you download the most recent update? I am on version 43.0330 and it solved the problem.

LQCMpls
Level 3

If you've installed the 43.0330 Lacerte update, and Windows is completely updated, reinstall the Lacerte update by either

• Tools/ Lacerte Updates and choose "reapply Updates" from the dialogue box that says you are on the most current version. 
  • in ToolHub,  "Install"  -> "Websetup/Force"  (reinstalls the update)

Different option:

• In Tool Hub:   "Program" -> "Reset Display"  (which is a go-to for us if having problems with displaying forms/worksheets)

0 Cheers