Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-File Status still shows "Sent to Lacerte" for federal

EdieA
Level 2

The return was filed weeks ago. CA shows Accepted. Taxpayer has received the refund. I got up to the 2nd level with Lacerte help line and they couldn't figure it out. Their suggestion is to call the IRS, it's not a Lacerte issue. Now I'm holding for the IRS help. This one I know federal has accepted. I have 4 other 1040s and 3 1041s without refunds. How do I know the return has been accepted for federal? I am not comfortable assuming it was accepted and the status is wrong.

Anyone else with this issue?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IntuitRebecca

Hi there,

What status do you see for these clients when you check online in My Account?

Once you're signed in there, on the left side menu click Products > e-File Status.

My Account will show you if our Intuit e-file servers have any record of the return(s) being accepted by the IRS. If the acceptances are showing in My Account but not in your Lacerte program, there are a few things you can try to remedy the disconnect - the first would be to follow the steps in this article under "To retrieve acknowledgements for select returns".

- Rebecca

0 Cheers
EdieA
Level 2

Thank you for this suggestion. All the returns show as Accepted online in My Account.

I have repeatedly downloaded for the specific returns. This includes while receiving assistance during a phone call with Lacerte. I am not receiving the updates in the program for selected returns. The problem is with returns filed at times since 2/18.

At least I have been able to confirm with the IRS and in My Account that the returns have been accepted. This is the first year this has been a problem.

0 Cheers
IntuitRebecca

Thanks for confirming! I'm sorry to hear this issue has been ongoing for so long.

If you don't mind, there's one more item I'd like to suggest. In Lacerte, if you click on one of these clients to highlight them, then press F4 on your keyboard to open the Client Status window, and select the "E-File status" tab at the top. 

On the left side of this window, the state(s) and US will be listed - make sure to highlight US there. Then, check the middle pane for any status in the list that says "Accepted". It may look similar to this:

e-file-status-lacerte.png

Please let me know if the acceptance isn't showing up anywhere in that list. The next thing I would check is whether anyone else in your office uses Lacerte, and if so, what status(es) their machines are showing for these impacted clients.

- Rebecca

0 Cheers
EdieA
Level 2

Yes! it does show accepted here. I was unaware the program had several alternatives to check the status. It would have been good if the two people on the help line knew this too. Oh well.

Thank you for pointing this out. Someone reading this thread may be helped.