Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiring Tax Professionals' Employees

Mary51
Level 1

Intuit is again trying to "poach" tax professionals' employees. That needs to stop!

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

They aren't trying to "poach" tax professionals' employees.  They are going after anybody (employee or employer) that has a heartbeat and can somewhat breath on their own --------as long as they have prepared a couple of tax returns in the past.  On a scale of working for Intuit or working for the Russian army, I think I would lean more towards the Russian employment opportunities than Intuit's. 

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

If Intuit is successful in hiting away your employees, there must be a few things wrong with your business model.

Ex-AllStar
Accountant-Man
Level 13

I had a good, knowledgeable employee who was "lured" away by Intuit with large bonuses that I could not afford.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
PATAX
Level 15

Just offer your employees free drinks and free food, and they will never even think about straying.

sjrcpa
Level 15

@Accountant-Man Daniel, was it to be a tax return preparer or something else? Just curious.

Granted Intuit can afford large bonuses.

Ex-AllStar
Accountant-Man
Level 13

He was reviewer level.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
puravidapto
Level 7

Not only that, the Turbotax full service itself is a direct conflict with tax professional they "serve". I do not think this should be allowed. 

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
PATAX
Level 15

@puravidapto yeah and to top it off, apparently some users of TurboTax come on this forum and ask questions.

LJ1229
Level 1

For transparency I am an Intuit employee who uses ProSeries for my tax practice (practice is small so I can go a few months working 2 jobs).  Intuit is no different than any other company looking to employee tax preparers.  Yes, they can offer more because they are a big company but if your employee was looking for that then don't fault Intuit.

I understand that it puts you in a bind but did someone from Intuit pose as a client, have your employee prepare their return, ask them how much they made and then made them an offer of more?

And yes, as an Intuit employee I do post and look at this forum, it's part of what I pay for when I use ProSeries.  Like today, I saw this post as I was looking to solve another issue that I have.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Intuit is no different than any other company looking to employee tax preparers"

Actually they are different.  They have already been invited into our home by the fact that we are using their product.  It's not like a Jehovah's Witness pounding on your front door trying to get your attention.  And let's be honest, for years preparers have been irritated by the fact that Intuit sold professional tax software while catering to the DIYers out there using Turdddotaxxx.  Add the further irritation that @PATAX pointed out that those same DIYers are supposed to be treated nicely by us when they show up at the front door here rather than slamming the door on them like you might do to a Jehovah's Witness  knocking on your door.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN 👍🤣 You hit the nail on the head IronMan. And when they do come to the neighborhood, they always park in front of my house. But soon as they approach the front, Heidi stands up on her back legs and puts her front paws on the window seal, standing straight up about five or six feet, and starts barking, and the Jehovahs leave real quick. I wonder why? I wanted to talk to them. 😉😁🐕

puravidapto
Level 7
  • When Intuit sells a license to professionals to complete a return, they get $20 or so per return completed.
  • When they sell to an end user, they get $50 or so.
  • When they have their full service does it, I guess they can get $200 or so.

I am not a lawyer, but is this allowed? It seems to me it is a direct conflict of interest. Can we find another company that does this? The users can be better served if the company be split into three. 

Given what it is, I am not surprised where they will put their effort on. I only get "input support" as an end user, i.e. where to input things. When I have a little more complicated question, I will get:

(a) The software is written according to the law, so it must be correct.
(b) Ask your peers in the community board or the idea board as if it were a free software. They can only answer input questions.

Well, to support a professional, they should be equal or better than a professional, no? I am using proconnect, those of you use a high end product can have your professional questions answered? Thanks. 

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers