Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong state keeps getting added to 1120

cajunlady
Level 2

i have a 1120 client that is louisiana based.   when i click on the state tax return to prepare, it automatically goes to a pennsylvania state tax return.   I do not have PA checked off (only Louisiana)  it is a louisiana address..   it doesnt give me an option to pick states

anyone have this problem and what can i do to resolve?

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Do you have the Louisiana program downloaded yet?  If not, the system will default to whatever state is available when you click the state button.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
msf
Level 2

When you try to update, there is no option to select S Corp for Louisiana.  Craziness!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

That means ProSeries doesn't offer the form.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
msf
Level 2

I have the same problem with S Corp.

I have Louisiana Individual and Corporation downloaded; there is no option to download Louisiana S Corp.   Louisiana S Corps for the same form as C Corps, but can exclude the income so as not to pay taxes at corporate level.  And, a lot of S corps are not subject to the Louisiana franchise tax.

That being said, Louisiana still requires a form to be filed.  ProSeries has had it available in past years.

I guess I could do a workaround by filing it from the corporation module, but why should I have to re-enter everything.

0 Cheers
msf
Level 2

That's not acceptable!

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15
0 Cheers