cajunlady
Level 2

i have a 1120 client that is louisiana based.   when i click on the state tax return to prepare, it automatically goes to a pennsylvania state tax return.   I do not have PA checked off (only Louisiana)  it is a louisiana address..   it doesnt give me an option to pick states

anyone have this problem and what can i do to resolve?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Do you have the Louisiana program downloaded yet?  If not, the system will default to whatever state is available when you click the state button.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
msf
Level 2

When you try to update, there is no option to select S Corp for Louisiana.  Craziness!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

That means ProSeries doesn't offer the form.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
msf
Level 2

I have the same problem with S Corp.

I have Louisiana Individual and Corporation downloaded; there is no option to download Louisiana S Corp.   Louisiana S Corps for the same form as C Corps, but can exclude the income so as not to pay taxes at corporate level.  And, a lot of S corps are not subject to the Louisiana franchise tax.

That being said, Louisiana still requires a form to be filed.  ProSeries has had it available in past years.

I guess I could do a workaround by filing it from the corporation module, but why should I have to re-enter everything.

0 Cheers
msf
Level 2

That's not acceptable!

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15
0 Cheers