Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why hasn't my return been sent to the IRS yet?

Mary18
Level 2

I efiled my return on 2-7-23 and when I update the status it still says return received by intuit. I have efiled other returns and they got accepted by the IRS in a matter of hours. I called intuit pro series technical support and they couldn't see any reason it hasn't gone through to the IRS yet. This is frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

If the return has an energy credit on it, that is your problem.  Folks have been posting that those returns have been hanging in limbo.

Slava Ukraini!
Mary18
Level 2

Yes they all have the energy credit on them.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Then that is the reason your returns are acting like they have a boat anchor dragging them down

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Now I'm curious...... ALL of your returns have an energy credit ?     

RFowler
Level 1

Yes, I have the same issue and I am not able to get any help from customer support.  They don't seem to be aware of this.

Mary18
Level 2

3 different clients.

0 Cheers
Mary18
Level 2

Yes I was on the phone with customer support for 1 hour and they couldn't tell me why they were hung up.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't know the real issue, but I can remember a couple of instances in prior years where there was an issue with a form and they held those returns for a bit until they fixed the issue.  When they got the issue fixed, the returns were rejected so that they could be re-transmitted with the corrected version of the form.  But like I said, I don't know if that is what is going on or if they have other issues mucking up the system.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15
0 Cheers